CC'n some heads

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
So my glass burette was broken YEARS ago. This involved falling cats, running dogs, beer, and high explosives. It was one hell of a mess.

And then I discovered THESE:

At only 5 bucks each, and only a couple bucks for locally bought syringes, they look attractive.

Now I cannot tell for certain if they are calibrated below tens of CCs but I can easily do that with a syringe. All that needs to be accurate is the area between about 60 and 75, so that should not be much of a trick. What do the rest of 'ya do?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/75-100mL-Bu...493?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item231e8abe2d

$%28KGrHqR,!gwE+HIYW15MBP2ShwgwTg~~60_3.JPG

How would you adapt it to work for cylinder heads? You'd need to either eliminate the hose altogether, or know EXACTLY how many CC's the hoses hold. Or am I missing something?

How would you adapt it to work for cylinder heads? You'd need to either eliminate the hose altogether, or know EXACTLY how many CC's the hoses hold. Or am I missing something?

What are you trying to ask? You take a reading when the hose is full... not before.

i use the big needle type and fill them maybe 2 or 3 time and your done...

What are you trying to ask? You take a reading when the hose is full... not before.

Dammit. Is that why I got so stoned the last time I was in the hospital?

Yeh, Stroke the nurse was supposed to bleed the air out of your IV!!

earthmover may be right, a syringe with the "needle clipped" might be easy as any

Go to a farm supply store or talk to a large animal vet. They have or can get larger volume graduated syringes.

Go to a farm supply store or talk to a large animal vet. They have or can get larger volume graduated syringes.

I got some, I think 50cc, at the local Cenex. Problem with "short fat" cylinders like syringes is that they are not as accurate as "long skinny" ones

Hell, you had my attention with fleeing animals,explosives,alcohol and flying glass.Sounds like a bar fight.(lol!)

I got some, I think 50cc, at the local Cenex. Problem with "short fat" cylinders like syringes is that they are not as accurate as "long skinny" ones
TSC has 20cc syrings',thats what I have but I'm not 100% sure it is 100% accurate with filling up 4 times but the lines are very visible.

!!All....RIGHTYthen!! Got the two devices this morning, and I must say, fer 5 bucks apiece, they show promise. These are 100ml, readable to 1CC, and appear to need minor modifications to be really useful.

1 I plan to cut or drill the tops and remove that "junk" and make them easier to fill, plus devise a simple clamp/ hanger

2 Cut off the bottom most "Y" thingie and leave the clamp (valve) and tube. The clamp has a roller thumbscrew setup that allows regulation.

3 Inside the bottom is an orifice device and some sort of flapper valve. I'll have to remove them. Once I get the top opened up, I can yank the flapper right out. I have a 12" long 1/8 "feeler" twist drill, so I should be able to reach right in and ream out the orifice device.

And no, you can't steal my fingerprint!! LOL

Attachments

• _MG_5475cs.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 124
  • _MG_5476cs.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 126
  • _MG_5478cs.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 96
-
Back