cdl's??? yup right here!!!

-

ef8340

Reaction score
yesterday I passed my test and got my cdl's:cheers:. I would have had them Tuesday but I failed my skills test part on the 90* alley dock :banghead:. Yesterday while doing my driving part of the test I had some idiot pass me in a no pass zone with oncoming traffic he managed to get in front of me while the oncoming car was 30ft away. I was only going 2mph under the speed limit. I asked my tester if that jepordized my test she informed me that I wasn't driving that vehicle. just a heads up to anyone that ever gets behind a student driver semi and wants to pass them in a no pass zone Don't!!! my tester wrote down his liscene plate number and vehicle description and will be receiving a ticket.

Now im currently looking into some trucking companies.

Congrats on passing. Be very selective with the companies you look into. Most of them don't pay real well. I got out of driving for several years due to that very fact. Of course just starting out it will be somewhat difficult to find something that doesn't require experience, there are companies though that will give you a chance if you look hard enough. I'm speaking of companies that pay well and run decent equipment who aren't part of the larger "chain" type companies like Swift, CR England. Prime etc.

Some companies won't let you run a power inverter in your truck, a lot of the bigger companies run electronic logs, when I'm forced to, I'm done.

I drive for a somewhat smaller company and I get paid a third of what the truck grosses, that can make for a larger paycheck. I run over the road and am home every weekend and sometimes during the week, that can help you keep your sanity unless you WANT to be gone for weeks on end, I don't.

Congrats man. You won't have a problem finding something in that occupation.

Congrats:blob: My neighbor just passed his and had the same problem but I thought he called it a blind alley dock I don't know but it sounds tricky.
Lou

Congrats! What license did you get? I have a class B CDL yet, don't drive at this time but did for almost 15 years, racked 1.5 million accident free miles :glasses7:

Did you take your test here, LOL?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvGNH_IPko4"]CDL Truck Rental Texas - YouTube[/ame]

try to get on with the teamsters union pepsi coke 7 up ive been teamster truck driver for25 years good pay good equipment its a little hard at 1st tou will be a extra man but well worth wait if you can!

I've had a class "A" with Hazmat, tanker and Bus. for 20 years. Just have it to test drive the trucks I work on for the county, tandems and end dumps.

Good luck on finding a great job!!

Congrates on the license.
My Sister and her Husband drive together for Stevens full time.

Had my cdl for years, class A. Drive dump truck and trailer for our family paving business which my grandfather started in 39, sadly thinking this may be our last year as the economy is literally destroying us. I will most likely be on the hunt for a job and it's either trucking or get my welding certs. Just not sure yet.

Congrats! What license did you get? I have a class B CDL yet, don't drive at this time but did for almost 15 years, racked 1.5 million accident free miles :glasses7:

mine are "A's" I don't have any endorsements yet but I will soon I plan on getting my haz-mats , tankers, dubs&trips,. yesterday I also got a job!! i'll be working for us xpress. im gonna start in the van division and get some experience then eventullay move up to flat bed heavy haul.

Congrats,I`ve had mine since they were first required.I was (grandfathered in) because I had already been driving trucks for many years.Always openings for a truck driver..........................Jeff

congrats on your new career/lifestyle been driving for 25 yrs almost 3 million accident free miles im an o/o for mercer trans pullin flatbed.it is a lifestyle not just a paycheck its gonna be a culture shock for ya to start with, time away from home etc.

-
Back