cell phone tech question

-

hemitheus

19? Plymouth Scampenstein
Reaction score
My insurance replaced my phone with a Casio Brigade C741. Problem is I am on the hook for the charger. The other problem is i cant find one locally so i am waiting until late in the week next week for it to ship because I am too cheap to pay $24 for overnight. shipping.

anyone have any clue what kind of male plug the c741 has? its not a microUSB.. its... weird

All phones are required to use a standard charging port. This legislation came through a few years ago. Your old charger may work.

All phones are required to use a standard charging port. This legislation came through a few years ago. Your old charger may work.

I don't know where you heard this. I've got a bucket full of phones and even some with the same brand don't use the same charger.

And since when does an insurance company replace a phone but not the charger? I'd be raisin' 'ell.

It is a casio phone... they are nearly indestructible. but my last casio phone was a different model. The charging "plug" is different.

Yeah, i wasn't happy about it. Chewed the backside off of someone in India about it.

I jerry rigged it. Shoudl work. The ratings on the transformer are the same as the manual requires.

Attachments

• rigged.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 96
I don't know where you heard this. I've got a bucket full of phones and even some with the same brand don't use the same charger.

And since when does an insurance company replace a phone but not the charger? I'd be raisin' 'ell.

Walk into any phone store and ask. You might have older phones. Every phone uses the same port now.

No every cell phone does not use the same charger. Like mentioned, my iPhone uses the standard apple charging port. The new iPhone 5 that was just announced will have a cometly redesigned power port unlike any other charger ever used on any other phones ( not sure how that's possible being all phone have the same ports lol).
Also my old phone ( which was only a few months old) used a mini USB charging port.....and my wife's phone which is also only a few months old had a completely different style.

It all depends on the manufacturer model,charging specs. But the ports vary plenty in many phones.

Walk into any Walmart and look at the phone car chargers isle and you will see at least 20 different versions. That's not because they can be bought in custom colors lol but because they fit different phones.

As for where you can get one, I am sure you can find one and if not than atleast a car charger version to get you by until the home charger you ordered arrives. Go to Walmart,bestbuy,RadioShack ....ect and I'm sure you can find one for around $8.00 to $12.00 or so.

Hope that's helps

Also it may help if you take a picture of the charging port to see if maybe aomeone can help you better identify it.

-
Back