center console help

-

mopardrt

Reaction score
hey guys I need some pics of the bare floor with the center console support braces with some mesurments please and thanks! car is a 1974 duster

I have the interior stripped out of my '68 'Cuda automatic. If you think the floor pans and hump are the same, I will charge up my camera and take some pix for you this weekend. Let me know.

ya they should be the same please and thanks lay a tape mesure a cross for some mesurements thanks sir

This is my 68 Dart. I'm assuming yours is an automatic?. I lined up my shift linkage and bracket first being that thats the only place it can go and then worked back. i didn't really have to use measurements. I lined all braces up with holes in console, marked them ,tacked everything first dubble checked again. Your Duster may be different. I hope these pictures can help.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 236
  • 002.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 232
  • 004.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 208
  • 005.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 246
Sorry, but I was unable to get some pix with measurements between Saturday and Sunday, but I will try to get them this afternoon.

Zigs...Great pics. Im doing this as we speak...Does your console sit up off the floor? Mine looks high........Not touching anywhere, basically supporting on all the brackets. Thanks.

Zigs...Great pics. Im doing this as we speak...Does your console sit up off the floor? Mine looks high........Not touching anywhere, basically supporting on all the brackets. Thanks.

It sat up a little bit. You skirt the sides with carpet anyway. If your brackets are stock everything should fit. Got pictures ?

I see yours is cable shift, not linkage. whats up with that? A mod? Thought 1968 was linkage by then.

I see yours is cable shift, not linkage. whats up with that? A mod? Thought 1968 was linkage by then.
When I first put it in I didn't want to mess with linkage. I wanted to see if cable would work with O E M shifter. It worked great but desided after to put linkage in.

Dartfastback, I never thought about the cable idea. Did it seem to work better than the linkage? I have the linkage for mine, but I have the feeling the cable would give a much smoother operation. I'll have a manual valvbody and be doing lots of shifting, thats why I'm asking.

Dartfastback, I never thought about the cable idea. Did it seem to work better than the linkage? I have the linkage for mine, but I have the feeling the cable would give a much smoother operation. I'll have a manual valvbody and be doing lots of shifting, thats why I'm asking.

The main reason I pulled the cable was cable life. If you use cable make sure it is secured in several places so that the cable jacket dosen't rub back and forth. as far as being smooth I couldn't really tell the difference.
Cable can last 6 months or 6 years and if you shift alot that puts alot of work on it. Something you might want to think about.

Sorry about the delay in getting pictures with measurements. My camera took only a few shots before the battery crapped out. Charged it and got only a few more. I am presently charging a back-up battery. Will try again ASAP.

Here are a few pics..I hope they come up...Dam camera:wack: Im thinking its sittin a bit high but the shifter and top plate seem fine?????

Attachments

• HPIM0738 (640x480).jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 130
  • HPIM0739 (640x480).jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 158
  • HPIM0740 (640x480).jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 144
-
Back