Center link

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Are manual and power steering ones the same? Are all tie rod ends interchangeable? For example, will the ones from a 69 Dart work with a later, say 74, centerlink?

I used the same one on my dart going from power to manual steering and used the same tie rod ends. I'm not sure about the 69 tie rod ends working on a 74 center link though.

You could look at summits web site and see if they take the same part number.

Doug if you need a center link, I have both a 72 and down and a 73 and up. You welcome to either, just let me know and I'll mail it to you.

I do know that you can use a c body tie rod as a heavy duty version on an a body. Not sure which one,or if thier all the same.

The center link changed in 1973. Tie rod ends are interchangable between the two types, but idler and pitman arms are not.

The center link changed in 1973. Tie rod ends are interchangable between the two types, but idler and pitman arms are not.
Didn't the tie rods go in from the bottom on the early ones and from the top on the later ones??

Didn't the tie rods go in from the bottom on the early ones and from the top on the later ones??

Not sure on the tie rods. Think they are the same though. If they are all you got to do is give them a half turn.

Idler and pitman arms are are that way though. Some thing like 67-72 went in from the bottom and 73 on from the top Errrr? Or is that the other way around:banghead:.

I have a picture of two side by side the 72 is on the top and the 74 is on the bottom.

74%252520dart%252520204.jpg

-
Back