Central Florida Dwellers any advice?

-

WildCat

Reaction score
will be heading south and the dart will follow me there

Just wondering if there would be a car show or cruise in that I might take in while I'm there.

Will be in Winter Haven so somewhere in reasonable driving distance to there woud be great.

Plan on trip to beach for a photo shoot also

hey wildcat, not too familiar with winterhaven, but there's a place in kissimme right on 192 called old town that has an old car cruise in every fri. night. they have live music and a car parade through the streets. been several times and always enjoyed it. dave.

And Old Town isn't too far from Winter Haven(maybe an 45 min tops with traffic). Here are a few pics from a recent visit. Let me know when you are headed and maybe hook up.

Attachments

• P7310061 (Custom).JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 299
  • P7310145 (Custom).JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 286
  • P7310001 (Custom).JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 287
I might be heading to Sumter county swapmeet sunday if my knee is better
getting a shot tuesday or surgery this week will know tuesday am. need to find two cheap mufflers for the wagon

...lots of walking at the Sumter Co. swap!

Typical swap- 50% Chevy, 20% BOP, 20% Ford, 10% Mopar.

I've found some good stuff there, though.

well the Dr gave me a shot in my knee so if its not sore sunday i am going to sumpter swap meet anyone in Polk county welcome to tag along (wildcat and YY1)

Yes,please let us know when you get here,I'd love to take my wife's '68 'Cuda up there !!!:cheers::cheers::cheers: I'm at the East end of 192 so it's a straight shot for me !!

And Old Town isn't too far from Winter Haven(maybe an 45 min tops with traffic). Here are a few pics from a recent visit. Let me know when you are headed and maybe hook up.

Old town is a blast, was down there over Thanksgiving, and dustoff440 told me about it. Really cool setup met a couple people with nice A bodies.

Hmmm, Old Town on new year's eve??

hope like hell the traffic is better tomorrow

started out with snow, couldn't go the way i wanted out of the drive due to fire truck in the middle of the road at an elderly neighbors house

Only had the truck and trailer sliding on dry pavement once, what morons

guy in left lane with mattress & box springs straped to top of excape, guess what happened. Don't care to have my truck and trailer sliding on dry pavement and cars on both sides

this was only a few miles after the semi sideswiped a car

Hope to be in Winter Haven tomorrow

swap meet might be interesting, have to see what all is going on.

There's a guy at Sumter that says he had lots of 340 A bodies.
He drives a Chevy conversion van, and sells vintage tools and usually brings a small selection of parts. Sometime he has interesting stuff. He's usually right by the building near the restrooms.

If you go, go early, as people start packing up right after lunch, and it will probably take a couple hours to see everything.

I usually take a 2 wheel hand truck with a milk crate at the bottom and some tie downs in case I find bumpers or fenders.

Last time i vas att Sumster i met Wagin he vas there an sold parts, i bout 1 trimring for ralleywheel of him.

Sooooo,is anyone from Central Fla thinking of heading there ?? I'll run it by my wife and see what she thinks !!

talked to Steve 71DartSwinger today

might skip old town since it is new years eve and go to swapmeet / car show on Sunday

Got to figure if I want to go to old town for a while saturday early and leave early, everyone says it is a place to go

Much better, had to change connections, was good to talk to steve.

Drove the Dart in Florida for the 1st time today, from trailer storage lot to the house maybe 1/4 miles LOL

I am thinking of going all depends how the nite goes I leave in north Lakeland so i'm hop n skip away!

made it to Florida, got the car unloaded yesterday and cleaned up today

Talked to Randy and he told me about a car show/cruise in in Lakeland

Made the trip over this evening and seen several very nice cars.

Randy's Bee is really nice

Talked to several Mopar owners that didn't have their car there and some that did

As they were winding down and passing out trophies they called my name last for Best of show, I was surprised. Too many nice cars there for me to get that.

View attachment FlDart.jpg
The Dart next to the lake, after cleaning it up

View attachment FlDart2.jpg
At Lakeland Cruisers car show

View attachment Fred's Valiant.jpg
Fred's Valiant it was for sale

View attachment Renee's 64.jpg
push button Valiant

View attachment Randy's B.jpg
Randy's Bee

Think I will head to Old Town tomorrow afternoon and stick around until it get crazy of maybe 6 or 7 which ever comes 1st

71Dartswinger is going to swap meet sunday, might do that too

Plan on the Winter Haven Cruise in on the 8th

Don't really like Florida, but being able to play with my cars this time of year sure is nice

Talked to several Mopar owners that didn't have their car there and some that did

As they were winding down and passing out trophies they called my name last for Best of show, I was surprised. Too many nice cars there for me to get that.

View attachment 286942

View attachment 286943

View attachment 286944

View attachment 286946
push button Valiant

View attachment 286945
Randy's Bee

Think I will head to Old Town tomorrow afternoon and stick around until it get crazy of maybe 6 or 7 which ever comes 1st

Don't really like Florida, but being able to play with my cars this time of year sure is nice

Congrats Larry!

Looks like you guys are having some fun.

The Dart is looking great as usual. Don't kid yourself, your Dart is
"Top Shelf"

View attachment 286942

View attachment 286943

View attachment 286944

View attachment 286946
push button Valiant

View attachment 286945
Randy's Bee

So don't come down here, then.

-
Back