challenger not coming!!!

-
I recently saw a pic of the new charger, cant remember where , but they were going back to the 68-69 look (as much as they could), open grille and all. Cant remember where i saw it though.

I will be in line for the challanger. I love what they did. I will give it to ford though, with the new Mustangs body style, they are getting the new gen. back into the love of muscle cars.[/quote

I saw that article to it was in the new mopar enthuseist the one you see is not the one that mopar is comming out with. I work in a mopar parts dept. and they did release an anouncment to dealers that the charger will be redesined in 2009 but they will not show the car untill the challenger is out (prolly because if they do challenger sales would be in the toilet cuz everyone would just wait till the charger comes out I know I would if it looked like the one in the article)

also they made us take a course on the new challenger with all the specs on the first year production line

wheelbase, in.........................103.7
length...................................197.8"(5025mm)
wheelbase..............................116.0"(2945mm)
front overhang........................38.9"(989mm)
width.....................................78.6"(1997mm)
height....................................57.0"(1449mm)
track, frt/rr.............................64.0"/65.1"
couple....................................31.5"(800mm)

only color for first year
exterior...............challenger orange
interior................black

key performance attributes
0-60 mph................................4.5 seconds
60-0 ft...................................133 ft
standing 1/4 mile......................13 seconds
top speed...............................174 mph
range.....................................300 miles

powertrain and suspension
engine....................................6.1L hemi
power.....................................425 hp @ 6,000 rpm
torque....................................420 ft-lb @ 4,800 rpm
drivetrain................................rwd/6 speed- manual
suspension..............................short/long-arm independent

front tire size...........................p255/40r20
wheel size...............................20"x9"
outer diameter..........................29.76" (777mm)

rear tire size.............................p265/45r21
wheel size................................21"x10"
outer diameter..........................29.76" (756mm)

thats all they will give so far

I'll get one if I can get a Panther Pink 6.1 6-speed.
Otherwise I'll probably just get a pre-owned BMW Z4 coupe and a '70 Coronet.

I asked the body shop manager a while back and mopar is alowing the dealers to repaint them when they come in but the factory is only releasing them as challenger orange (from the specs they sent out to us so far) I know when the prowler came out that was the big deal mopar did not want the dealers to repaint them any other color then purple

Were waiting on it for our next new car. Still saving up so the 2nd year version is ok with me. Hopefully they make plenty so the dealers won't mark them up a bunch.

I know the GM (General Manager not Generic Motors) of a Dodge dealership and he said its coming. I probably won't be able to afford by one, but I am definately getting my "test" drive.

Dartcustom; thanks for posting all the info on the new Challenger.
I was wondering if you could tell me what the first wheelbase figure you posted is for?

Your post said:

>>>>>>
length...................................197.8"(50 25mm)
wheelbase..............................116.0"(2945 mm)
>>>>>>

I think the second figure is probably accurate, but what is the first one referring to?

Thanks for any information.

Bill

Though I think the new car looks great overall and its great to have some modern mopar muscle on the market thats not FWD or 90 grand like a Viper I dont think it will perform all that well. It is supposed to be based on the LX platform currently under the Magnum,Charger and 300C.. those are not exactly lightweight cars though the SRT8s still manage to run low 13s. I would assume a 6 speed manual in the same size/power vehicle would maybe do a high 12 which isn't bad but I would like to see better from a top of the line performance vehicle. My advice is use the same variable valve timing technology they are currently employing in the Vipers 8.4 liter motor on the new 392 hemi. This is in fact what they allpar is talking about when it comes to the standard hemi and I can only hope Chrysler does the same with the higher end motors. The 6.1 makes 425 hp so a 6.4 with more tech should easily make a solid 450 hp.. maybe 500 if we are lucky. That would be enough to push the 4000 lb car deep down into the mid low 12s and it would hold its own against C6 Corvettes and GT500 Mustangs. Better yet Chrysler should make an attempt to shed some weight off the car with extensive use of aluminium and maybe carbon fiber.. hell they could even cut back on some of the sound deadener and creature comforts given its a more performance oriented car. If they could knock off a few hundred lbs VS the Chargers and Magnums that would make a noticeable mpg and performance difference.

1st Off the people that are starting the RUMORS of it not being Produced need to stop.If you think that there are too many MousTwangs,etc.. out there then maybe that is the car for you...

2nd the cars ARE being done...The Performance is WICKED(I actually was lucky enough to get to drive one of these machines,DON'T ASK HOW)....

You ALL have to remember the performance has to meet MAXIMUM requirements by the Goverment/State Safety laws(Which are dictated to us by the Insurance Companies).I watched a 300C SRT-8(before they were EVER to be offered to the public or anyone knew what they were)Go a 11.20 at a Drag Stip without an honest to goodness Real Good Race driver driving it.These machines are capable of doing LOTS more than the companies can advertise(so to keep under wraps)..

SS

Dartcustom; thanks for posting all the info on the new Challenger.
I was wondering if you could tell me what the first wheelbase figure you posted is for?

Your post said:

>>>>>>
length...................................197.8"(50 25mm)
wheelbase..............................116.0"(2945 mm)
>>>>>>

I think the second figure is probably accurate, but what is the first one referring to?

Thanks for any information.

Bill

I was wondering the same I think it is the inside wheel base but it really does not say. If I can get my scanner to work I will scan all the pages and post them. If not I will try to find someone on here that can scan them and post them (first I will have to check with my manager to see if they are copyrighted, cuz I cant do anything that will jeprodise my job or this site)

Oh this might be a side note but since I was checking out the 09 Ram on Allpar.com I see that the new 5.7 now gets 380 hp and 400 ft lbs torque. This will almost certainly mean the Challenger RT gets the same motor and with a 6 speed and 3.92 gears the thing should fly !

Oh this might be a side note but since I was checking out the 09 Ram on Allpar.com I see that the new 5.7 now gets 380 hp and 400 ft lbs torque. This will almost certainly mean the Challenger RT gets the same motor and with a 6 speed and 3.92 gears the thing should fly !

The Challengers will have the 5.7 possibly offered...All the 1st Productions will be 6.2's..

SS

-
Back