Champion, 3 row, 22" Core, Direct bolt in Hemi swap radiator

-

jrlegacy23

68 Barracuda
Reaction score
I have been talking with Rick from Super Radiator (http://stores.ebay.com/Super-Radiator/_i.html?_nkw=&submit=Search&_sid=1013378606), he is in contact with Champion Radiators and they are going to modify the CC526 radiator to be a direct bolt in option for a 5.7 Hemi swap in an A-body for $295 shipped to your door. The radiator includes trans cooler, brass petcock on drivers side, and the inlet/outlet on the passengers side. This would be for a car 5.7 Hemi swap. It looks like this but with the inlet and outlet both on the passengers side
526.jpg

To be honest the b body rad works with the 6.1. I'd suggest using that since its 26" wide, it's just a matter of widening the opening.

Riddler

I feel the same way, but I already painted my engine bay and didn't want (couldn't afford) to repaint. I figured some would like it and some would want bigger. I feel it is ideal for what I need and all that others would need being that it is a 3 core and it claims to cool up to 600hp, so it will keep any 5.7/6.1 hemi cool all day long.

I got the radiator last week. It looks awesome and very quality. I will take a picture and post it up.

Yeah received my radiator last week as well its very nice quality and fit right in My Barracuda! Went with the 3 core 22 inch

Attachments

• radiator 002.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 751
Yeah received my radiator last week as well its very nice quality and fit right in My Barracuda! Went with the 3 core 22 inch

Exact same one, but they put the inlet on the other side, which is needed for putting a car hemi in the A-body.

Cool! that will work great! I opted for the aluminum shroud kit for mine and not electric fans.

Can someone please post a link to the proper rad to get my gar hemi in my 70 dart?
All the ones i found are too wide...

that looks great , did they reconfigure somthing in the top tank ? kind of looks like the flow would go straight down from one hose to the other and cooling would be compromised, or am i missing somthing here?? thanks ed

I have been talking with Rick from Super Radiator (Super Radiator | eBay Stores), he is in contact with Champion Radiators and they are going to modify the CC526 radiator to be a direct bolt in option for a 5.7 Hemi swap in an A-body for $295 shipped to your door. The radiator includes trans cooler, brass petcock on drivers side, and the inlet/outlet on the passengers side. This would be for a car 5.7 Hemi swap. It looks like this but with the inlet and outlet both on the passengers side
526.jpg
I have a champion 3 row in my 440 dart....it's barely able to keep it cool. Hot texas days it'll creep to 220. I know there's many variables that can cause this...but I'm fairly certain this radiator doesn't have the cooling capacity needed. Fixed Fan, no Clutch, shroud, hood seals in place. Creeps in town and at high ways speeds. I seem to recall finding out the rows are .675"....which is SMALL.

I have a champion 3 row in my 440 dart....it's barely able to keep it cool. Hot texas days it'll creep to 220. I know there's many variables that can cause this...but I'm fairly certain this radiator doesn't have the cooling capacity needed. Fixed Fan, no Clutch, shroud, hood seals in place. Creeps in town and at high ways speeds. I seem to recall finding out the rows are .675"....which is SMALL.

Jlcaptain24, do you have a shroud on yours? That will make a huge difference, especially in the high heat. Luckily, I am in Upstate NY so I do not have to worry about that... at all.

Jlcaptain24, do you have a shroud on yours? That will make a huge difference, especially in the high heat. Luckily, I am in Upstate NY so I do not have to worry about that... at all.
Yeah brother, I do.... I just think the thing lacks the cooling capacity

I need this!
Can a dual fan be attached?

I am going to be running it on a 5.7 as well. I would think that the newer motor would have a much superior cooling system. When I bought mine, I had an option for single or dual cooling fans. A friend is running a Champion in his AMC Javelin with a straight six, no fan shroud, and in upstate NY, an he loves it.

I am going to be running it on a 5.7 as well. I would think that the newer motor would have a much superior cooling system. When I bought mine, I had an option for single or dual cooling fans. A friend is running a Champion in his AMC Javelin with a straight six, no fan shroud, and in upstate NY, an he loves it.

Aluminum block too so i would think it would cool better and designed for better flow.
i hope so cause i dont want to mod my rad support for a 26"

IMG_2560.JPG
IMG_2559.JPG

I am going the cheapskate route. Using a factory newer charger radiator,fans, and ac condenser. Had to cut the flange off the frame rail up front to fit and am planning on shortening the changer lower mount so it hang too low but with a few nutcerts in the frame rails it will bolt right up. Easy to find hoses that way also

that looks great , did they reconfigure something in the top tank ? kind of looks like the flow would go straight down from one hose to the other and cooling would be compromised, or am i missing something here?? thanks ed

It would only drop straight to the bottom if it had side reservoirs. It does not happen that easily on a top/bottom mount reservoir radiator. The holes inside the cores are small enough that it forces the rest of the fluids across the top reservoir and use all fins for downflow.

-
Back