champion radiator 1635 in a 66 barracuda

-

cudajames

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My original radiator is showing it's age. It was recently flushed. Still has some rust floating around and now appears to have developed a small leak. And of course I am running hotter

Re-coring seems pretty pricey from the couple places I talked to.

So now I am looking at the champion radiators, specifically the ec1635 or cc1635. everything looks close on height and width. I am just worried about the thickness.

Anyone using one of these on the gen 1 barracuda with a 273. Stock 6 blade fan. Does it fit? Anything have to be tweaked?

thanks james

nm, it 2' thick about the same as my current radiator.

Just pulled the trigger for the cc1635

I have one installed on my 66 273 factory air car [cc1635] factory fan/shroud will not fit had to use 2- 9 inch electric fans [only 2 1/2 inches from back of core to water pump pulley], had to modify radiator support to mount radiator [due to mount brackets being off set] had to re drill all mounting holes to adjust height. Other than that it fit great and works great. Photos to follow.
My thread on the install. http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=261309

well, i decided to stay with the stock radiator. I found a good place, that repaired and patched the radiator. plus repainted

Turned out to not be to bad, but was working at 70% efficiency. Life should be cooler now

And this route was cheaper than buying a new radiator

Everybody thank you for your help

-
Back