Changed The Front of The Dart

-

Moepar

Reaction score
When I first got the Dart I hated the black bumpers, the aftermarket hood pins and the aftermarket hood scoops that were on it. The scoops didn't fit good (notice in the first pic you can see light between the scoop and the hood). One was cracked and couldn't be tightened any further and they were not put in the right place. I've made some changes this past week to put a new face on for Cruisin The Coast.
First pic is when I first got it.
DartFront.jpg

Here is the one with the changes. New scoop (can anyone tell me what it came off of) Painted the bumpers the color of the car and new Mopar hood pins. Removed the grill and painted it like it would be from the factory and added a stripe and a spoiler on the lower valance.
What do ya'll think?
010.jpg

My hemi orange dart's bumper is rough looking so I was considering painting it black or orange(I was thinking orange a few other ppl said black).I'm glad you posted these to show exactly what I already know.Nice job.What did you use on the grill?Mine is fadeing and I thought about blacking it out.

I like it where do you live in D'iberville? I'm in Woolmarket and are going to Mopar at the Marina

Lol!(80s street racer) 82 5.0,some turbo 2.3 stangs.Looks good,thanks for thinking outside the box.

I just took the wagon over to get the exhaust work done so I trying to get it ready for the Marina. We will have to meet up and some time

Like Chip Foose says, it looks like something the factory would have done...if they had done it. Bravo, well done!

I see I am not the only owner or a 70 Dart that has been through the bumper debate. Mine were black when I got it. Well see you next week to see what I have done. I also did some work on the scoops and hood to get better fit. Also a few other things here and there. See you soon

It was already a nice car, now even nicer! That a Fox body stang scoop? Looks like it was made for the Dart.

looks good- I was going to say the scoop looked like it was from a late-'60s Mach 1 or Boss Mustang- I guess Ferd stole the design from themselves lol.

Thanks everyone on the compliments and ya'll are so close on the scoop, it is a Mustang scoop but it's off a 2000 Mustang GT....like someone said, it went on like it was made for the Dart hood. The only modification made was to the honeycomb insert, had to cut it to fit the hood. Scoop itself bolted on without any mods at all, fits perfectly.

My hemi orange dart's bumper is rough looking so I was considering painting it black or orange(I was thinking orange a few other ppl said black).I'm glad you posted these to show exactly what I already know.Nice job.What did you use on the grill?Mine is fadeing and I thought about blacking it out.

I used Dupli-Color Perfect Match in a spray can on the grill. Gloss Black and they have Chrysler Silver and that is what I used. I highly recommend using some kind of adhesion promoter on the grill first, I used "Bulldog" it really helps the paint stick to the plastic. I did not clear coat it.

Badart.....you asked about the rear. I painted it too, I drew out some 340 numbers with the slant for the stripe on both sides. Had them made at a local sign shop. Not happy with the color, it was the only orange available in vinyl, not quite the match I was looking for. I am now having them make them in gloss black, I think the gloss black numbers will show up real good on that satin stripe. I painted the go wing gloss black too. The new orange I put on the car looks brighter than the body, person who had it painted before I got it used single stage Nason. I used Chroma Base BC/CC, but I'm fine with it.

002-1.jpg

-
Back