changing from solid to hydraulic lifters

-

66signet

Reaction score
I want to use a hydraulic cam in my '66 273 with adjustable rockers, anyone know what I need to do for pushrods?

look at the plunger on the solid lifter...look at the plunger on the hydraulic lifter...the depth of them is different...usually the hydraulic pushrod is shorter...

whats wrong with the solid lifter set up in your 273 ?? i use 273 rockers and shafts with a solid cam in my 340 for ever,,,many years no problems ever,,,,

Nothing is wrong with it, just want to try a different cam and head combo

Yup, that's correct. The ones for solids are about .100" longer. My apoligies. We always just used the same ones and never had a problem.

if switching cam and heads,,,and u are going to a hyd cam, ide just get a set of hyd rockers,shafts and correct push rods,,nothing to adjust, pump up the lifters and your good to go

if switching cam and heads,,,and u are going to a hyd cam, ide just get a set of hyd rockers,shafts and correct push rods,,nothing to adjust, pump up the lifters and your good to go

Unless the heads or deck has been shaved 'a' bunch

360 Heads have been cut .060" which is to much for hyd. rockers. If hyd. pushrods are only about .100 shorter - mech. pushrods should work.

360 Heads have been cut .060" which is to much for hyd. rockers. If hyd. pushrods are only about .100 shorter - mech. pushrods should work.

if the solid are .100 long...you deck heads .060

the pushrods are now .160 too long....your math went the wrong way

.............those 360 heads r way 2 much port 4 that little 273....even thou u milled them ur still loosing almost a point in comp which will make slower than the 2nd comming of chtist................kim..........

273 has different lifters for the adjustable valve train, solid or hydraulic

-
Back