Charger to race in NASCAR

-

BillyBBad

Reaction score
I know I have brought this up before, But I have done alot of reading and snooping and here is what I have read, Found and been told.

Dodge along with Evernham Motorsports will campaine A Dodge Charger in 2005, The Charger is based on the Magnum chassis and will be on the track one month before you can buy one at a dealer.
NASCAR is still testing the cars and has not at this time given there thumbs up.

(note that I said based on the Magnum chassis, This does not mean it will look like a magnum)

The Charger will be a sedan and as, If not more areodynamic then the brand X cars. This will mark the return of the Charger to NASCAR since 1974.
6-10 cars are built a day and are shipped tucked away inside trucks to be kept hidden from public eyes. 20 plus people have been fired or have jailed for taking pictures of these cars.

Also Everham Motorsports and Penske Racing are pushing NASCAR to allow the return of the HEMI in NASCAR. Stating that the HEMI motor is more widely used in todays market then in the 60's and should be allowed back in NASCAR.
Evernham Motorsports has done some testing with a HEMI in hopes it will be allowed back.

The car I am talking about is the concept car from the late 90's, I know there are pictures out there that people say this is the new Charger. I think this is incorrect, What I believe they have found is the "Nwe" Dodge Enforcer sedan.
To many reports that I have seen tell me the car is areodynamic as the brand X cars, If this is the case then the "Enforcer is not the car you will see at Daytona in 2005.
The late 90's concept Charger is shaped like a bullit and looks to be a good replacement for the Intrepid in NASCAR.

Mind you, I am only going on what i have taken weeks to hunt for and compiled the info till now.
Yes I am a big NASCAR fan, Allways have been. But when Dodge came back into the sport in 2001 i jumped for joy. I would not go around spreading rumors if I didnt believe this to be dead on to what will happen.
I know some of this info has been published already, but I found all this about the time they were prolly printing it. I have hunted down alot of pictures and read alot of news on this. This is just what I beleive will happen.

BONUS : Limited Edition 2005 Dodge Daytona Chargers will be made and used as the pace car for the 2005 Daytona 500.

Now.....If we can just get that #9 in the winners Circle :scratch:

I really got interested in NASCAR when Mopar got back into it. Can't wait to see the new cars for next season. Hopefully the Mopar guys will do better next year. The cars are fast and looks to handle great, but something always happen them. If they let the new Hemis in they will probably be restricted in so many ways that it might not be worth it. Just like the old days GM will start crying and the restrictions will start :roll:

HawaiiDuster said:
Just like the old days GM will start crying and the restrictions will start :roll:

Well yea all their poster boys drive chebbies so they can't have them being beat by real cars.

I just hope they DON"T look like the pics that have been in the mags!! :pukel:

Dave

Ok, Enforcer is just a Police package, it's not a production car.

I have pics of the Nascar Charger without all the stickers and paint, but I have to leave to work, maybe you'll find them by the time I get back at 8.

All this has been known for a long time now, the Charger's return to Nascar...while it's a great thing, it's also for marketing. Remember....."Win on Sunday, Sell on Monday"

What else........the Daytona models, yes there will be only a couple of thousand, I'll post the specifics when I get back as well.

Umm, I forgot what else you posted, any questions you need answers to, just ask.

Here ya go ill post this now.

DODGE DAYTONA MODEL

Built from Dodge Charger RT
Estimated Volume:1,000 - 5,000 units
Orders Taken:Feb. 2005 at Daytona 500 Race
Production Launch April 4,2005
Available Colors: Orange Blast
Metallic Red

Exterior Details:
Spoiler, Rear Decklid
Custom Exhaust Tips
5.7L Hemi Decal on Hood
Hood Louvers
Unique Grille/Hood Color (Black)
Painted Brake Calipers
Black-out Rear Fascia
Fascia/Side Sill Ground Effects
Interior:
Two-tone Leather Seats
Body-color IP Trim Rings and Center Stack Bezel
Racing Style Aluminum Brake/Accelerator Pedals
Model Name/Numbered Plate - Petty Signature
Subwoofer
Illuminated Sill Plate - Dodge Daytona

Functional:
20" Wheels and Tires (Magnum)
HID/Projector Headlamps
Aggressive Shift Schedule
Engine Cover - Hemi Orange
"Image" Sound Exhaust System

Well I guess I'll have to get to Daytona this year to see it first hand! & place my order. :D

HawaiiDuster said:
Hmmm I wonder what I'll be doing around that time, maybe I can talk Chad into going to Daytona and we can all meet up there :D

Sounds good to me! :thumleft:

449664_94.jpg

449664_93.jpg

the website on the pics has a little more info about what's going on. Also bigger pictures of these same ones I posted, and I think maybe one more different one.

Thats the same pics I have seen and studied. I believe this to be the Charger and not the one that has been posted on some other web boards.
Thanks for posting it, I havent been able to post pics for a while now.

No problem.

BTW offtopic :: How far are you from Springfield MO? Im moving out that way in a few weeks.

-
Back