cheap beer

-

iggys68dart

Reaction score
hey just wondering if anyone else cut their standards for beer, i got aparts budget of 30 bucks a week 50 if i choose more economical beer (cheeeep):cheers:

I drank king cobra once and it didnt stay in too long but it was 1.49 a forty and tasted like it you might try some old milwakee or natural light

I have a buddy that drinks "Natural Lite". It's like the cheap version of generic American smokes.

I used to work road crew with a guy who drank Genny Cream Ale. Nasty f***ing s***. He'd come to work, go out and work up a sweat, it came out of his pores. Smelled like a stale brewery all day - no, let me amend that: he smelled like stale Genny Cream all day - then mix in the other body odors... :pukel:

I'm not a drinker, but that experience alone keeps me away from the cheap stuff when I do feel like having one.

I spent all day yesterday helping a buddy and he had a whole cooler full of Keystone Light. I choked down the first couple and after the third one, it didn't seem so bad! I wouldn't start drinking it on a regular basis, but it worked for free.

Cheap beer is great. Switch for two weeks, and you will probably get used to it. The best part is when you DO crack a nice one, it tastes SO much better.

The key to drinking cheap beer is it has to be ice cold for me. WE did it in college all the time. A cooler full of ice when I got my GI bill and we always had a party.

Glad to see a really meaningful thread pop up from time to time and this is it. My favorite kind of beer is "Free and Cold". With that said let me explain. First, one cant beat the price and if ya get em cold, just before it ices up, and it's the first one in the evening after work, i can chug about any brand. That's always the best beer of the day for me. I feel for you guys that cant afford to drink the beer of choice because of economic issues. Not sure who to blame for that without getting political. Myself, i always have plenty of MGD in bottles on hand. When i have to hit the store for a quickie i always look for the coldest thing they have. Dont matter the brand. We frequent one of the local Mexican resturaunts and they have beer on draft and they serve it in a frosted mug so i always get the coldest thing called Del Seki (spelling). Man thats good when it's that cold. When putzing around in the shop i'll put two or three in the top freezer of the frig and let em set for a while. Like i said i love em just before they turn to ice. Maybe in the frost mode. Thanks for a good thread. I can watch this one with great anticipation. You're talking my language.
Small Block

For me a bottled beer is the way to go, and if not I make sure to have three frosted mug's in the freezer... Bud Light can be had for 19 dolors a 30 pack MGD is my second go to bottle beer, Then a Naturel Lite, and it must be VERY cold.
If I am broke I don't drink... beer, I drink ice down water and a couple shot's of Tequila to keep me on my toe's

An ice cold Lone Star Light for me. $8.99 for a 12 pack of bottles at our local HEB!!8)

Cans are a lot cheaper, but I prefer to drink from bottles when I can.:-D

Maybe when I am not in the garage, I will try the frosted mug and canned beer....

Problem with cheap beer is that you need expensive toilet paper to deal with the mess the next morning.

Trader joes has simpler times for 2.99 a 6 pack. I dont think trader joes is anywhere other than California though

When dead broke 2 or 3 40's of Steel Reserve 211 high gravity beer will do the trick. It's not that bad tasting and packs a wallop. It's brewed by Miller too.

BottleSteelReserve.jpg

Good one plumber. Expensive T Paper. Now on that 2.99 6 pack. What that stuff made out of? What % alc is it? What kinda T Paper do ya use after a night of that? Maybe a good grade of shop towels?
Small Block

well i see i am not the only one and once up north i tried that steel reserve and you would be correct sir woooooooooooo doggy

I myself brew my own and have for almost 20 years in my basement.

I go to my local Defalco's and pick up a case of wart, yeast, glucose and caps and brew & bottle my a$$ off for a month then have enough brew for me for awhile (if it were just me) lol

So it costs me about $150 and I get about 400 pints. My buddies have NO problem helpin me drink em too! LOL

Sometimes I make a double batch and bottle in Quarts... they knock me on my a$$ in no time!

The best part is I dont need special T paper the next day! hahaha

Glad to see a really meaningful thread pop up from time to time and this is it. My favorite kind of beer is "Free and Cold". With that said let me explain. First, one cant beat the price and if ya get em cold, just before it ices up, and it's the first one in the evening after work, i can chug about any brand. That's always the best beer of the day for me. I feel for you guys that cant afford to drink the beer of choice because of economic issues. Not sure who to blame for that without getting political. Myself, i always have plenty of MGD in bottles on hand. When i have to hit the store for a quickie i always look for the coldest thing they have. Dont matter the brand. We frequent one of the local Mexican resturaunts and they have beer on draft and they serve it in a frosted mug so i always get the coldest thing called Del Seki (spelling). Man thats good when it's that cold. When putzing around in the shop i'll put two or three in the top freezer of the frig and let em set for a while. Like i said i love em just before they turn to ice. Maybe in the frost mode. Thanks for a good thread. I can watch this one with great anticipation. You're talking my language.
Small Block

You sure it isn't DOS EQUIS they serve there? I've never heard of that other brand. All the same a cold one doesn't matter to me. Ask the old man about a family friend who dared me for money that i couldn't chug a 40 of King Cobra at the age of 13. I still have the bottle in my closet!! The best trophy i ever got!!:-D

You're probably right Duster. I did mention spelling in my post. Hard to tell what the mexican waiters are saying. Good stuff cold whatever ya call it. I just noticed that we may have the start of a brew recipe thread. I told ya this was meaningful.
Small Block

I drink bud light, but when I'm bucks down, I drink busch reg you can't beat it 16 bucks for a 30 pack, my step son drinks busch light, that stuffs like making love on a boat, f@#king close to water

-
Back