Cheap Heater Hose kit from Year One

-

oldjunk

Reaction score
Just got my Year One heater hose kit today. Picked it up for just $11.98. I know they get you on shipping. About $15 bucks. But with shipping its still by far the cheapest price I could find on the net. I got two 5ft 1/2 & 5/8 reproduction heater hoses with the part numbers, ribbing & pentastar logo's on them. I though this was a great price (maybe an error on Year One's part). For some reason all other years...which I am sure are of the same quality/materials...are 5x - 8x the price! Hell...they sell one 5ft standard mopar script hose (not repro) for $18.99! So you get 2 for the price better than one.:D I bought kit/part #PK38. Says it's for all '72 B, A & E body's w/no A/C. Anyhow, I thought I would pass this along to you guys if you are in need of some nice hoses for a good price.

I just looked at their website. I didn't see any for a 73 340 with AC. Am I missing something? I'll buy some at that price if I can find them. what's the difference between AC heater hoses and non-AC heater hoses? Mike.

I just looked at their website. I didn't see any for a 73 340 with AC. Am I missing something? I'll buy some at that price if I can find them. what's the difference between AC heater hoses and non-AC heater hoses? Mike.

To be honest, I'm not sure what the difference is between AC & non-AC cars when it comes to heater hoses. I have a '72 340 w/o A/c. They price the '72 hoses so much cheaper than the other years for some reason. I don't think there is much difference between the two if any...maybe part numbers? If your not a purist you could just order the '72 hoses for much less $$$. Maybe someone with some insight on this can chime in.

I think the A/C hoses are precut for the control valve.

I don't see why you couldn't just cut them yourself.....

...unless they are longer to account for the valve being mounted on the inner fender.

I'd love to know the answer, as I need the 5/8 hose for my Satellite with A/C, and finding the "correct" sized one is always a pain.

Thanks.

I just ordered two of them to cost average the shipping.

Actually, I got the 73 with A/C for $17.xx each.

The A/C sets contain TWO 5 foot lengths of the hard to find 5/8 hose plus the one 5 foot 1/2 hose.

I don't really care about part numbers and date codes, but for the price, I'll take 'em.

They don't have bad prices on the hose clamp sets either. 10 bucks for the kit, is actually cheaper than ebay, and close to buying piece at a time from Ace hardware, which aren't exactly the right size.

Since I got my cable operated hose clamp pliers I've fallen in love with the factory Corbin style clamps, and fallen deeply out of love with screw clamps.

I also find it very odd that a few of the hose sets are in the 10 to 20 dollar range, while most of them are $50 to over $100.

Even Jegs price is $100!!

Go figure...

...and discount code BIG13 saved me $3. The hoses were exempt, but I'll take $3 for free any day.

You are welcome...glad I could pass along my good fortune with you guys. I'm thinking Year One had an overstock of these and just wants to unload 'em. Either that or maybe some sort of glitch in the system. Hopefully they don't change thier price on 'em.:burnout:

Uh...update:

Mine arrived today, and I am less then thrilled.

They are EXTREMELY stiff and very difficult to work with.

The spring clamps are barely able to compress them, if at all.

Not cool, Y1.....not cool.

Uh...update:

Mine arrived today, and I am less then thrilled.

They are EXTREMELY stiff and very difficult to work with.

The spring clamps are barely able to compress them, if at all.

Not cool, Y1.....not cool.

Well that sucks...are you sending them back? I havent installed mine yet. Now you got me worried. Were they dry rotted?

-
Back