Cheap, slightly louder muffler for stock /6 setup?

-

Schneiderman

Reaction score
Tried searching the forum and didn't find anything, only saw one /6 setup in the sticky threads and it's not what I'm after, so hear me out.

I have a stock 1970 225 duster with stock exhaust. Right now the car is a nice driver, I'm going to be doing some bodywork on it but for now the drivetrain is staying the same. All I want to do is give it a little more bark. I do not want to invest in dual exhaust, headers, bigger pipe, etc. because I don't have the money and I don't know what direction I am going to go with the car in the future after the body is done. All I want to do is get it a little louder, a little better sounding, on the cheap while I'm driving it and restoring it.

All I want to do is slap a cheap muffler in there that will give me a little more volume and growl. I don't want it to be super loud but I want to hear the exhaust grumbling nicely at idle, I want to be heard a little coming down the road, and I want the thing to sound as close to a muscle car as a stock /6 is going to sound.

So if anyone can recommend what kind of cheap muffler I can slap on there that will sound better than stock but not be obnoxious, I'd love to hear it. I imagine that a glasspack would be too loud and probably not sound very good but maybe I'm wrong. Anyone have any advice?

^Just found a clip on youtube of a thrush turbo on a /6 and it sounded alright, I think I'd be happy with that, thanks. Still looking for any suggestions.

X3 on the thrushes thats what is on my car sound diffrent than flow daddys and a not as loud

-
Back