Check out my Craigslist ad if you need a good laugh

-
Lost my license early on under the point system. 71 model 6 cyl. Gremlin. Flying through a graveyard well after dark, donuts in parking lots, etc. When I wrecked the car it was my fault. Insurance went up and I had to pay for repairs, plus my 68$ per month car payment. Still in school and working part time as bag boy in a grocery store.
On a side note/joke... the Craigs list ad only shows Beaver Falls. So where does a beaver fall? I got "up the front doorsteps" LOL Good luck with sale.

I was fighting to keep my driver's license too at 19. Most of my 'incidents' were making a very slow roll through a stop sign. It wasn't even close to what most do/did back then and not even close to what I see today. Another was for making a right turn on red after stopping. Most places allowed it but not at this dead intersection during the day. Cop was right behind me on a motorcycle and didn't even see him when I checked my mirrors. Another was for speeding when the limit dropped from 70 to 40 in a very short distance and everybody else was passing me up. I was in a different county and the first thing the cop asked me was 'what you doin up here in this neck of the woods boy'? Wanted to tell him to bite me so bad lol. Was doing about 50....

Dad bought me my 65 Barracuda with a 68 340 in it because he was tired of me constantly fixing my first car Honda AN600. "first speeding ticket, I get the keys back..." I never got caught speeding in that car.

pics for reference but the Honda was exactly like this one, Barracuda was hotrod black but had a 3" shackles on back and 10" wide tires on Cragar deep dish slots.
1668357726717.png

1668358086050.png

The story ends with us selling the Hemi Charger. We actually bought him another Charger with the v-6. After another "lecture" about car safety and responsibility he is back on the road. Hopefully he will take this as a lesson learned. I'd hate to have to sell this one and buy him a 4 cylinder LOL

WELL FOLKS THE STORY DOESN'T END WELL.......ONLY TOOK HIM 5 DAYS AND HE BLEW THE "NEW" CAR UP. PUT A ROD THROUGH THE BLOCK. EVEN AFTER A "LECTURE" ABOUT KEEPING AN EYE ON THE OIL FOR AWHILE AFTER BUYING A CAR NEW TO YOU................ HE RAN IT LOW ON OIL AND HARD ON THE GAS....... BOOM!!!!

Last edited:
-
Back