Check out this Barn Find

-
I'll bet that nothing is for sale.

I've seen a blog post by the guy that took this video, and you are correct. However, he shows a bunch of different pictures of some of the other cars he found in this barn. I'll see if I can dig it up.

EDIT: I was actually thinking about this one: http://carsinbarns.blogspot.com/2009/11/hemis-daytona-and-big-block-darts-oh-my.html

Not sure if it is the same barn or not, but they're by the same guy and apparently both in Illinois. The one in the link I just posted is around the Bloomington area. About an hour north of me. Hmmm.... I wonder how long it would take me to get written into somebody's will, and what I would have to do to achieve this?

Yeah and it's all goin to waste, rottin into the ground. That's his right though. Still sad.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess.
To me, that looks like a pile of ****

Damn,what a waste.

Yep. Barn finds are cool only if they get put back on the road. I wonder if the owner finds more joy watching coons n mice rip n tear the **** outta everything or if he actually drove one?? 66 Charger was the only one that looked road worthy.

I love the snow tire on the front of the super bird.
The guy probably bought them for next to nothing when they were about 10 yrs old.
I can remember in high school (early 80's) used muscle cars were dirt cheap.

Yeah and it's all goin to waste, rottin into the ground. That's his right though. Still sad.

Yeah Rob, I'm still tryin to get this one. Same ol deal. I'm gonna restore it one day. Original, numbers matching 64 Belve 426 street wedge 4 spd. Pisses me off too, cause it's a 1/2 a mile around the corner from me.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 444
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 445
  • IMG_0010.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 454
  • IMG_0018.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 458
Happy to see you guys enjoyed my video. It was definitely up there in my top 10 barn finds.

I also did an article in Muscle Car Review on the place.

14493770420_5e370ba1ec_o.jpg

If you want to see all the pictures from the place, including the Hemi Cuda, Daytona and misc others I didn't record, take a look at my photo gallery.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/sets/72157642562292195/

13253386845_bac8b6ef19_c.jpg

Ryan

hey CAPTIAN KIRK (love your name by the way..)

would you change your opinion about this barn being "full of crap" if you knew that all these cars sitting just as they are put in a single auction would probably bring something north of $250k?

"barn finds" and "survivors" are now the rage at mecum and auction america often bringing as much if not more than restored cars.

i would write this guy a check for a $100k for this collection without any more information than what was in the video.

i ran across a complete and original M-Code Barracuda last year (that i missed buying by two days) that had sat in a guys back yard on blocks for 10 years. the car actually rusted away where it sat to a point where it was not salvageable. my visit to this car and the pictures i took make me sad every single i pull up the file on my computer. i suspect that is what will happen to the cars in this video. i hope SOMEONE can talk this guy out of these cars - they are just TOO valuable to leave like they are.

Yep...those cars need to be on the road doing what they were designed to do. Run hard!!!

It saddens my heart to see them just sitting there deteriorating.

It drives me nuts knowing that some of these cars are within an hour of where I live and I can't do anything about it! :banghead:

Hell, I'd be happy just going to see them! There is a lot of history in these barns. Thanks for documenting them, Ryan.

Wow, nice share. They are all probably not attainable now, but you never know. I just started watching "Graveyard Cars" on Velocity, an outfit out of Springfield OR and they had a guy who eyed a pair of Superbirds in a guys back yard (North Carolina?). Long story short they eventually got both of them, Graveyard Cars re-did one and they did the "reveal" in front of the lucky new owner and the original owner. I'm just glad they are still out there.

-
Back