Check out this Durango

-
Not the first time this has been posted.....but I do have a few questions...
1. Why would anybody in there right mind willingly put the leaning tower of no power in a heavy *** vehicle such as this?
2. Why would anybody in there right mind ditch EFI for a a door stop? (aka karbantor)
3. From here on out my questions are fit for public viewing....

This sort of reminds me of some of the threads where folks talk about a gas motor being able to tow as well as a diesel....

Not the first time this has been posted.....but I do have a few questions... 1. Why would anybody in there right mind willingly put the leaning tower of no power in a heavy *** vehicle such as this? 2. Why would anybody in there right mind ditch EFI for a a door stop? (aka karbantor) 3. From here on out my questions are fit for public viewing.... This sort of reminds me of some of the threads where folks talk about a gas motor being able to tow as well as a diesel....

Again ... Why not ? Lol .. Dakota with blown engine .... Slant out of dart ..... 2 and 2 together

Some people don't like or cannot work on EFI. I cannot STAND it because I understand it, can work on it, have worked on it. I will never own any fuel injected hot rod. Period.

they made 3/4 trucks in the 60s and 70s with slant sixes...so why not.

I like it.

not every car has to be a race car

The person who did it probably just wanted something cool and different and maybe had the slant readily available and didn't need 700 horses to prove anything to anyone.

they made 3/4 trucks in the 60s and 70s with slant sixes...so why not.

I like it.

not every car has to be a race car

The person who did it probably just wanted something cool and different and maybe had the slant readily available and didn't need 700 horses to prove anything to anyone.

3/4? Hell there were D500 dump trucks with slants. lol

It actually fits in there quite nicely...

Have a 67 D-300 flat bed that had a slant 6 / granny low manual in it from the factory.. you always hear people talk about climbing into a engine bay to work on a motor. With that setup we could lay out a picnic in there while we worked on it..it was slow, but it could haul.. Have a 383 to put in it now. Just got the factory mounts

Damn, a picture from the other side and you would see my car. Was parked next to him at that show, guy lives in my area. Said the motor blew in the Durango and he had the slant available. Just wanted something different. Ice cold a/c too. I think it's pretty cool, decent guy too. Definitely a surprise when you look under the hood!

-
Back