[FOR SALE] Check this Barracuda out

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dam that is gorgeous, very tastefully done.
Starting bid 20,000.

Attachments

• cudacon2.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 882
Lose the fuzzy dice, for cryin' out loud....I'd have to see more of the car (no e-bay at work) to make more of a judgement...

Not much for white interiors but it does look nice.....and I agree with Jim, the dice gotta go.....

I like it. As for the dice that's a fifties thing and easy to get rid of. Its better than a pine tree.
i love the pine trees!!!
If anything the gt steering is the uglest thing people can put in any car!!
what's with the dash black?? and the wheels just dont belong on an A body

i love the pine trees!!!
If anything the gt steering is the uglest thing people can put in any car!!
what's with the dash black?? and the wheels just dont belong on an A body

I would have to agree with everything you pointed out....with one addition,whats with the yellow tail panel insert?:(

The Road Wheels always look good on B-bodies,A-Bodies they look meh or out of place.

Otherwise looks damn good!

Total restoration?? I didn't realize they did 512 motors in the 60's, and I don't recall A bodies coming with Magnums either!! Another mis-representation of what may be a decent car, but I wouldn't bite for 20k!!

Sounds like a pretty fun car to me. For someone who likes the looks it is a good deal.

1967 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible
512 cu in, Aluminum Heads, Aluminum Intake 2-4barrel carbs, Roller Rockers, Comp Cam, MSD ignition (440 Stroker motor, over $10,000 in engine)
Tanny - 727 with 3000 Stall
Rear- 8 3/4
Stainless steel Fuel and brake lines, Disc Brakes, new fuel tank
2 1/2" exhaust with Flowmasters
500 Ralley Wheels new tires
Total Restoration 4 years ago
New Chrome Bumpers
New Legendary interior
Over 10 Show Trophies

At that level of a price that dash is just hideous! Otherwise nice looking, but with that dash you wonder how many corners were cut in the "total restoration". Also it's one thing to list a car for sale like this at $20K and then entertain offers, but this guy just has the bidding started at $20K with no "make offer" option so I'd say $20K is as low as he would go.

Do you think there's any chance of torquing the frame with that amount of horsepower in a convertible? I know convertibles are supposed to be reinforced, but still...

I think it is his baby and it pretty. It also looks like it would do a great job of melting tires.

As for the folks that have issue with his price, don't bid on it and keep your comments to yourself. That is what it is worth to him. It may be worth that to someone else. If not, the price will change. I know I have $20k+ in a car that will never return what I have in it but if this is what you are looking for, you will put that much or more in a a car to get it to look that way.

I think it looks nice.

Please don't misunderstand JW. If I had the 20k I'd snap it up. I just thought it was interesting that the car had a different top, interior and plates. Maybe it was a quick flip.

Keep your comments to yourself? This is not an actual for sale ad it's a "check out this Barracuda" thread. That's the same as a "what do you think of this car" tread in my book. If the actual seller posted this car in an actual for sale ad here I would politely keep my opinions to myself.

I think it is his baby and it pretty. It also looks like it would do a great job of melting tires.

As for the folks that have issue with his price, don't bid on it and keep your comments to yourself. That is what it is worth to him. It may be worth that to someone else. If not, the price will change. I know I have $20k+ in a car that will never return what I have in it but if this is what you are looking for, you will put that much or more in a a car to get it to look that way.

I think it looks nice.
Soooo,'why can't we comment on it again?? If you're going to throw around terms like "total restoration", then for $20k it better be a "total restoration", if you are trying to represent it that way!! Things like blacking out the dash instead of spending the money to "restore" it show that he cut corners and didnt want to spend the $700 to have the bezels "restored", but an unsuspecting or less knowledgable buyer will have to if he buys the car thinking it has had a "total restoration", and then finds out that it actually hasn't!!

You can love the car all you want,'and no doubt he has every bit of $20k into it, but why misrepresent it?? Because he wants the $$ he has into it and is trying to appeal it to a wider crowd?? Not fair to the unsuspecting buyer who may not know any better!!

JMO of course, and you have your opinion also, so why can you comment but we "haters" have to keep our opinions to ourselves?

I think it looks nice.

Really Keep my Comments to my self !! Are you the Thread Police?
I think well in fact I know we live in the USA and The First Amendment right is for me to say what I feel , just as you are.
So not to be rude -but tell me to keep my Comments to my self.

It's not a bad car, but it is not 20K car and that is what I think!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back