Cheesiest sci-fi movie in recent years???

-

65LoveAffair

Whovian
Reaction score
My wife and I just finished watching a movie called "Iron Sky." Have any of you seen it? It has got to be the cheesiest sci-fi movie I have seen in a VERY long time! That being said, it was actually kinda funny, in the "what are they going to do next" sense of the word.

The basic premise is that in 1945, a group of Nazis established a base on the far side of the moon to prepare for the time when they would return and conquer the Earth. In 2018, a new American mission to the moon lands a little too close for comfort, and the sh*t hits the fan. More or less.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I would give this movie a solid 6.5, because even on a low budget the special effects were pretty decent. And also for the Dr. Strangelove and George Lucas homages that were thrown in.

If you've seen it, what did you think?

Haven't seen it, but it sounds like a great concept for a flick. Where did you see it?

Yeah, the trailer looks pretty tongue in cheek. Is that a Sarah Palin presidency? FYI, Valhalla (as in "See you in Valhalla...") is the mythical pergetory/heaven of Norsemen and was rumored the name of an Antarctic Nazi sub base at the end of WW2 as many U-boats were unaccounted for after the Axis defeat..as well as the entire German wealth in gold, probably ended up in Argentina with the rest of the high ranking Nazis that escaped at the closeing days aboard large subs.

If you want cheap low budget cheesiness, check out any one of the many "Sci Fi" network original movies. I've yet to see one worth watching, not that I would expect much to begin with.

Abe Lincoln and the Zombies - Not even the Vampires. Wife sent me down to Red Box the other week for a movie that was not there. In a stupor, thinking of the Abe Lincoln the Vampire Hunter I grabbed one titled Abe Lincoln the Zombie hunter. I can watch some B grade SiFi stuff now and then but this thing was not even D grade. I made it through about 10 minutes and took it out. It was the worst, low budget, poor acting, no plot piece of crap I ever saw...

"Rubber" Caught it on late night and couldn't believe it so I checked netflix and it was there to sream. Wow, a tire comes to life and kills people in a small town. I woundn't even call it a B movie more like a z movie. If you have netflix check it out.

If you want cheap low budget cheesiness, check out any one of the many "Sci Fi" network original movies. I've yet to see one worth watching, not that I would expect much to begin with.
You can tell a sci-fi original without even looking at the channel

You can tell a sci-fi original without even looking at the channel

Yeah, but were else you gonna find Tiffany and Debbie Gibson duking it out in a cat fight?

I've been bumme with Sy-Fy since they canceled Eureka. I mean really? They keep wrestling but cancel Eureka. Really?

Yeah, but were else you gonna find Tiffany and Debbie Gibson duking it out in a cat fight?

I've been bumme with Sy-Fy since they canceled Eureka. I mean really? They keep wrestling but cancel Eureka. Really?

Me and my wife were very bummed when Eureka went away. You never knew what totally unimaginable thing was gonna happen next.

I love all those old camp Sci-fi movies that look like they were shot with a Brownie Instamatic camera, with a budget of about a buck fifty. lol

"Man-squito", baby!!

Then there's the famous "Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowlerama." Synopsis taken directly from imdb: Sorority babes worship an Imp that grants deadly wishes. That one's a classic!

"Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus" has been the winner for me lately. Shark manages to attack an airliner---while the airliner is flying---and the octopus manages to break the Golden Gate Bridge. Definitely cringe-worthy, but I haven't laughed that much at a movie in a long time.

"Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus" has been the winner for me lately. Shark manages to attack an airliner---while the airliner is flying---and the octopus manages to break the Golden Gate Bridge. Definitely cringe-worthy, but I haven't laughed that much at a movie in a long time.

Oh the lines in that movie couldn't have been helped by good actors.

-
Back