Cheesiest sci-fi movie in recent years???

-
Rubber was awesome. Killer tire...

Zombieland was the last one I watched though. Pretty cheesy but somewhat entertaining nevertheless.

Page 2 and nobody has mentioned Bruce Campbell? Bruce is the king of the B movie.
Come to think of it, he played the King in Bubba Ho Tep. (A definate "must see" if you like campy horror).

I can't believe that I didn't mention Bruce Campbell either. I got to meet him a couple of times at a local theater. They did a showing of "Army of Darkness" (Gimme some sugar, baby!) with Bruce present, and afterward he did a Q&A session and then signed autographs for about 3 hours. The next time the theater was showing "Bubba Ho Tep" and he did the Q&A thing again afterward. He's an awesome guy, very down to earth, and he'll answer any relevant question you throw at him. For example, the first time someone asked him "What does Xena smell like?" He kind of chuckled, and then very casually replied, "Ask Gabrielle." It took a few minutes for the audience to calm down after that one.

Evil Dead II absolutey ruined any other horror/B horor movie experience for me afterwards.

It is the gold standard IMO.

I will watch that movie any time, but unfortunately, I can't make it past 30 min of anything else yet.

I liked District 9.

I though it was very original.

im the king of cheesy horror movies off my shelf herss a few

seven doors of death,fear of clowns,machete,hood of the living dead land of the dead seris,living dead not the great popular ___ of the dead (living dead) example return of the living dead is great.

I liked the special effects of District 9. They were very well done and looked real enough for me.

I especially liked the idea that the aliens didn't come and start shooting like in Battle Los Angeles and many other films. It was a different take on what would happen if extra-terrestial intelligent life came here.

And then, there is the Cream of the Crop, the End-All, Be-All of cheesy sci-fi/horror movies, Killer Klowns from Outer Space!

Attachments

• klowns.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 71
I too loved 'Zombieland' and someone mentioned Lorenzo Lamas....I think the only good movie he ever made was 'Grease'. If there is a good one out there someone let me know and I will check it out.

Loved Machete!2 sequels planned,last one he fights in outer space for the U.S. govt!(lol!).

-
Back