-
Status
Not open for further replies.

67coronetman

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hey anyone out here have a Cheetah SCS Shifter for sale lets talk PM me. i am in knoxville tn.

Attachments

• tac-70001b.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 422
That's what shifter I went with this time around !!! Reverse to Park takes a little getting used to !!

I have used this one before & i love the shifter its the best made i think.

The SCS Cheetah is a "good" shifter. I've owned 3 of them.

The Precision Performance Products shifter is the "best peforming shifter " on the market today, hands down. I've owned two PPP shifters and if I ever build another car I'll buy another one.

If I can make a suggestion bite the bullet and by new, $304.00 Summit Racing . Your probably only going to save a 100 bucks and thats only if you can find one .Once someone buys the best shifter on the market they dont usually let go and if they did it would not be cheap

Also Google up Art Carr / Winters shifters. These seem to be slightly different versions of the Cheetah but less expensive. The replacement cables for these are a BUNCH cheaper than SCS

Those are nice shifters how much do they cost and is the cable good quailty & easy to use.!

The Precision Performance Products shifter is the "best peforming shifter " on the market today, hands down. I've owned two PPP shifters and if I ever build another car I'll buy another one.

Interesting i have never seen one of those before.!

Also Google up Art Carr / Winters shifters. These seem to be slightly different versions of the Cheetah but less expensive. The replacement cables for these are a BUNCH cheaper than SCS

I must say you have got my attention that shifter is very nice wow!

I must say you have got my attention that shifter is very nice wow!

LOL!!! I just got home.

I had a Winters shifter back in the 70's. It was good for it's time.

Glad you like the looks of the PPP shifter. It works better than it looks and it's cost efective too unless you want to go air assisted.

Like I said the Cheetah is a "good shifter" but doesn't even come close to the performance of the PPP shifter. If there is a better shifter out there I haven't seen it yet.

FYI - You have to buy direct from the company.

Good Luck

:glasses7:

I use the winters the cable comes in at the back of the trans NO MORE MELTED CABLES.And now they have a button built in to the shift handle for line lock or trans brake.:eek:ops:

Yes i talked to the owner i think is who it was very nice & helpful and the shifter itself is just awesome looking i am giving it some very very serious consideration..! I wish they included all the hardware to but i guess you have to buy all the as a extra.! If i don't find a cheetah i will bit the bullet & get one of those new unless someone has one for sale used.! :)

LOL!!! I just got home.

I had a Winters shifter back in the 70's. It was good for it's time.

Glad you like the looks of the PPP shifter. It works better than it looks and it's cost efective too unless you want to go air assisted.

Like I said the Cheetah is a "good shifter" but doesn't even come close to the performance of the PPP shifter. If there is a better shifter out there I haven't seen it yet.

FYI - You have to buy direct from the company.

Good Luck

Yes i talked to the owner i think is who it was very nice & helpful and the shifter itself is just awesome looking i am giving it some very very serious consideration..! I wish they included all the hardware to but i guess you have to buy all the as a extra.! If i don't find a cheetah i will bit the bullet & get one of those new unless someone has one for sale used.! :)

I think you will find both the SCS and PPP shifter a little scarse on the used market. It's still fun looking for used stuff though.

FYI - Racingjunk.com is always a good source for anything race related.

Good Luck with your search.

BTW - I've tried my hardest to break either shifter and haven't succeeded yet.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me any time.

I am sure one of them will turn up soon i just missed one aweek ago on Moparts great deal 200.00 with cover & the air shift with it .! :)

I am sure one of them will turn up soon i just missed one aweek ago on Moparts great deal 200.00 with cover & the air shift with it .! :)

OK, if you have the time look around for used.

FYI - There is a swap meet coming up in Columbus, OH in a few weeks. You might want to try there. Jeff Johnson (Chrysler Classic Events) is hosting it so it should be good.

I'm thinking about dragging my son down to it.

I am going to use the triple PPP but until then does anyone have a hurst quater stick reverse pattern or the B & M version..

I did a name search but found nothing on his name.!

This may be a longshot but try pettybluedart. He was trying to sell a SCS shifter a little while back.

I hope this helps.

I have one in a car I might be parting out. I would use it but I think I will be going to the Perf Products shifter. I have a friend that is interested in the car. I you still are looking for one in a week or so I can let you know then if it is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back