Cherokee Exhaust Manifolds???

-

65cudaVR

Early A-Bodier
Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been covered, but I did a search in this forum for both Magnum and Cherokee exhaust manifolds and found dozens of posts for Magnums, but only one vague post for Cherokees.

Anyway, after doing a Google search I saw someone post about putting 5.2L Jeep Cherokee exhaust manifolds on an early A-Body Mopar, but they did not go into any great detail.

I have a '65 Cuda with a '72 360 & 727 tranny, manual steering, late model (linkage) floor shifter, MP mini-starter and a steering column (non-column shifter) out of a '73 Duster, so it should have the most optimum space that an early A-Body engine compartment could have.

I have looked into the few header options available, but I am not interested in any of the choices currently being offered.

I know the Magnums will fit (with some modifications) but I am concerned about the tight clearances. After comparing pictures between the Magnums and Cherokees it looks like the Cherokees may provide a little more distance for both the steering gear and firewall.

My biggest concern with the Cherokees is that it looks like the driver's side dumps too close to the starter and torsion bar (The passenger side looks like it has plenty of room though).

View attachment MAGNUMS.jpg
View attachment CHEROKEES.jpg

Anyway, I'm hoping someone out there has tried these and could give me more insight on their compatibility...

Thanks,
Dan

Treblig has several posts describing what works and doesnt. He also sells enlarged manifolds opened to over 2 inches. Look under forums and scroll down to mechanical parts for sale. Go to the search box and type in "exhaust manifolds". It should be the first one.

Never even seen those Cherokees, let alone had them proposed for a early A install. I like the MAgnum driver side over the Cherokee, even the passenger side. How close will the passenfger side get to the oil filter? Both Look 6 inches shorter.

-
Back