this is just wrong in so many ways:

Attachments

• 152.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 1,238
  • 153.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 634
  • 154.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 610
Dont see much actuall "duster" in those pictures, looks like a pro mod type car, no mopar at all, probally!

It's a race car and drag racers have always mixed and matched engines and bodies to suit their own needs. There are many Chevy powered Fox Mustangs and even a few Ford powered Camaros running on drag strips all around the country. A Chevy powered Duster is ceratinly not to my taste but it's his car and his money. He didn't post it on this site and I'm sure he's not interested in our opinions.
BTW, what would the Gasser Wars era have been like if Leonard Stone and John Mazmanian had been limited to brand matching engines in their Willys and what about all the Hemi powered Funny Cars of all body styles?
JMO

There's a similar one where I am, not quite as overbuilt but close, beautiful car, also Chebby powered. If it's a purpose built drag car it's a lot more forgiveable me thinks

valve cover doesn't really look like a BBC.. And can't really telll, but it looks like the plug wires are coming from the front.

Take any tube chassis drag car. What is left of it that is oem? Even the Duster that is on here, sure it is an RB style motor but what on it is from Ma Mopar? Aftermarket block/heads/crank/rods etc. Is it really even a Mopar any more? Besides, racing at that level aint cheap, why make it any worse than it already is?

valve cover doesn't really look like a BBC.. And can't really telll, but it looks like the plug wires are coming from the front.
Probably running a belt drive with the dist. off of it......

What is the bolt pattern on those VCs? They look more like Mopar B than Chivy small/ big block

They are not sb chev

They are not LS

They are not BBC

BBC plugs don't come out of the heads like that

LS-1 certainly don't

2001119.jpg

I found a 71 duster in the scrap yard one time that had a straight 6 under the hood. Had to do a double take and take a second look at it, cause it wasn't slanted !

It was an old chevy straight 6 with a chevy 3speed manual trans.

Some people...

:DI like it .. racing cost so you have to do what you have top do... if it was a nova with a mopar everybody would be loving it...to much brand loyalty...if mopar cared about the buyers as much as the buyers care for mopar we would have a ton of parts from them and the after market.. but no mopar would like to keep all the money for them ...I love my mopar but I like others as well.. got a 70 duster,73 dart, 73 chassis car all mopar but hey I like cars ...flame away:D:D

Not a chevy engine, the owner put the bowties on to piss off the purists

The real truth is you use which ever powerplant that fits the class and will make the best power to get the car down the track at the best price.

doesn't look like there is a water crossover at the front of the intake either

Don't break out the tar and feathers just yet. Ran across a guy at a car show once who had a '33 Dodge with what appeared to be a small block Chivvy in it. It was actually a 360 with Blowtie valve covers, alternator, and big cap distributor. When I asked him why he went to so much trouble to make his Mopar look like Brand X, he said he was tired of getting flack for not running a Chivvy in his street rod. May have some of that going on here. The head don't look like anything GM ever had a hand in. Gotta admit, the car ain't shabby.

hate me if you wish, but my other car really has a mopar engine in it.

Attachments

• my duster 001.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 353
  • IMG_0200.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 353
I found a 71 duster in the scrap yard one time that had a straight 6 under the hood. Had to do a double take and take a second look at it, cause it wasn't slanted !

It was an old chevy straight 6 with a chevy 3speed manual trans.

Some people...

Well, we know how it ended up in the junkyard now...

-
Back