Chevy Guys

-

jkeck55

Reaction score
Last night I am at my neighborhood bar. My wife has talked to the bar owner about my Duster. He has told her there is a guy that comes in regularly that restores cars and I should talk to him about the body work. He comes in while we are there so my wife asks him about it. His response is why would you fix that. You should get a Chevelle or some other Chevy because the Duster will cost more than it is worth to fix it up. When I tell him it doesn't matter because i do not plan on selling it he just drones on about how it isn't worth it and I should buy something different like some guys got a duster all set up as a drag car and it wold be cheaper to buy that or he goes on and on about how you can't get parts for a duster. I kept telling him I get that but those are not the cars I want. I don't want a Chevy or a drag car. This is the car I want and I am willing to spend the money to put it together in the manner that I want and then keep it and drive it regularly. He just couldn't wrap his brain around that.

if it was me I would tell him what he could do with his body shop.and it wouldn't be working on my duster:finga::finga:............Artie

I hear that all the time. Just remember, chebies are like buttholes... Everybody has one, and they all stink :finga:

Forget that *** wad, I wouldn't let him touch my car. HE OBVIOUSLY DOESN'T KNOW ****!!

When your father , and your grandfather, and grand grand father all drove brand X chebbies, it's hard for these people to understand the Mopar difference.

i wouldnt give that chebby phag the time of day or the privilege of touching my duster. i get so tired of hearing shovelle this and cammode that. those cars are a dime a dozen and now days you can build one out of a box. what fun is that? and if he knew his head from a hole in the ground, he would know that there are parts out there. what a loser. just looking at the word chevy makes my skin crawl. watching barret jackson is almost unbearable. the chevy to mopar ratio speaks volumes

:d Thats right.

AND that it's very impolite to make fun of retarded people. :)

Damn Chevy guys.......wait a minute I was one of them for 30+ years until August of last year. :eek:ops:

Though never had a beef with other brands....cool cars are cool cars as far as I'm concerned. Just like people, some are cool and some turn down potential business from a prospective customer.:wack:

any REAL car guy would just be happy to work on a classic of any kind regardless of what kind of car person you are (mopars are the best though)!

I must have multi personalities because I have a Mopar, a Chevy (although it is a 59 Suburban so, not as typical as a chevelle or camaro) and some fords... all have good points, all are fun to drive (at least the ones that run!)

Pretty much what Divenut said ...... I like them all, yep even vetts, ,,,,,, but choose Mopar... kinda like the, if I have to Explain it kinda thing. you still won't get it.

I agree with Divenut, as long as it's old iron, I like it for the most part. My driveway is a good example with a 71 C10 truck, 70 Duster, 92 Camaro, and has had a 70 Mustang and a 69 Chevelle in it at times. I've also had Volare's, Aspens, Cutlass's, Challengers and Ford trucks through the years and am currently looking for a pre-75 ramcharger or trailduster. Even though I like old chevy's and fords, my heart always comes back to Mopar's for some reason. Guess I just like to be different and stand out.

What a jackass. If eveyone had a Chevy, it would be a boring world. I was talked down to all the time during high school for not being Ford, Chevy or a ricer.

I'd rather stray away than follow.

When the muscle cars were bringing the bucks(circa '05/07) the only Nova's that were bringing more than 340 Duster's were COPO's, Yenko's or BB SS cars. If I don't like somebody's car, I don't go slamming on it. That's just being a douche. Besides, anything old took somebody's hard work to bring back.

You should have just walked away at his first statement. Think of it this way, if you have to argue your way into a shop, what type of arguement are you going to have to get your half done project out?

Or, it would be like going to a proctologist to get your teeth fixed.

Doesn't matter to me, I like all types of cars/trucks. I've had a lot of different makes and models hell one of my cars (it was an import) had more and so fast very very few other cars could hand my *** to me in a race. Did I go run my mouth about it,nope. Just look at it like this, if you don't have someone hating on you, you're doing something wrong. But it doesnt look like that's the case here :twisted:

You would think in today,s lack of economy,with a person that approaches you and wants to send a **** load of money and get the parts for you,and help you in what ever way possible,that they would welcome you with open arms.Today you better have the attitude that if you got the money,I have the time,roll it right in here sir,So for him,I would say NEXT,mrmopartech

You should have just walked away at his first statement. Think of it this way, if you have to argue your way into a shop, what type of arguement are you going to have to get your half done project out?

Exactly the problem I have had trying to get my fish into a body shop and replace the quarters. And to think, I thought the economy was bad. :banghead:

Can't get parts for a Duster?
What the hell is he smokin'?
Has he ever heard of AMD?
Run away as fast as you can from this dummy.

forget that idiot he wouldent care enough to do a good job anyway

-
Back