chevy in a mopar

-
:thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha: **** **** **** **** **** :angry7::angry7::angry7::angry7::angry7::angry7::angry7::angry7::angry7::angry7::angry7::angry7:

welcome, hang out a while read some posts from long time members and feel the vibe. a really helpful bunch here when you get to know them.

A chevy in a mopar? Why not most of you allready started with chevy hood scoops.lol

I'm a devout GM guy who just happened to buy a 65 Barracuda a while back. I'm an Administrator for one of the biggest Chevy sites on the net (Chevytalk.com) and even I wouldn't consider dropping a Chevy motor in my Cuda. I'll keep mine pure Mopar, thank you. The 318 should be going in this spring. ;)

Use of a "Chevy" hoodscoop is one thing. A cowl hood for aero purposes is fine. After that, there will never be anything else in or on the car that isn't a moPar part.

OE Poster;

Take thte above advice and builfd a 360 on the side, drop it in when your ready.

That's it!
I'm buying a '70 SS 454 Chevelle and putting in a slant six, and parading it all over the Chevy sites and saying i had this engine laying around and the 454 was too hard on gas! :cheers:
good one.:-D

as for Chevy in a mopar is just not right.but if he wants to do it that his thoughts.

When I walk over to a nice old dodge truck just to see a chebby engine in it I just say to myself "who defaced this fine truck" sorry I just had to say :angry7:because I seen a cool 195? dodge truck last year and could not believe some one would lower the value and screw up a perfect truck ....:angry7:
That' all the pecking for me tonight :stop:

When I walk over to a nice old dodge truck just to see a chebby engine in it I just say to myself "who defaced this fine truck" sorry I just had to say :angry7:because I seen a cool 195? dodge truck last year and could not believe some one would lower the value and screw up a perfect truck ....:angry7:
That' all the pecking for me tonight :stop:
Memike , if anyone's opinion is respected on here it is yours. You speak wise words man.

If you needed a heart transplant, would you tell the doctor to just use a pigs heart?

Anyways, the 273 can be made to run great, and there are a lot of other Mopar motors that can be transplanted with very little trouble. You can even stuff a 440 in there if you want to, and 360's and 383's are pretty easy to pick up for a decent price.

Stick with the 273, build it to commando specs or build a nice 340/360 or if you have the $$ a nice SB stroker............stick with Mother Mopar. When my 273HP comes out it will have a nice sacred spot on an engine stand in my garage. It's a cool little motor.

vbpgimage3.jpg

A guy at O'reily's recommended this to me. I told him that i'm not a gender bender. Just because I've got testicular cancer does not mean i'm going to switch to ovaries. I don't mean to be offensive to the females but i'm pretty should you girls might feel the same way. A mopar may be more expensive than a chevy but at least you can you dignity.

-
Back