china airgap intakes on ebay

-
they sell them because people buy them. Buy edelbrock , i'm sure you will much happier.

What I get a kick out of is all the "cheap China crap, go edelbrock" statements being made by some who have banged edelbrock for poor quality.

No matter what you get, check the fit. Sometimes you only pay more for the name...

ALRIGHT so, I have a crosswind, its ok, it does the job. IF your gonna run a magnum eventually, GET AN EDELBROCK. I wish I had, now I've gotta buy a new intake because I had to hack the serpentine stuff all to hell to get it to fit. The A/C compressor won't fit because the outlet is smack dab in the middle, look at my build thread you'll see what's up.

Not to mention it should perform better, isn't that what your on a witchhunt for anyway?

If you are looking for cheap just look for used parts, but good used parts, eddy, weiand stuff like that, I picked up my intake for 75 bucks! fits perfectly and 75 bucks is pretty damn cheap!

If you are looking for cheap just look for used parts, but good used parts, eddy, weiand stuff like that, I picked up my intake for 75 bucks! fits perfectly and 75 bucks is pretty damn cheap!

Exactly. That's what I suggested, I bought a Weiand 8007 for 50 bucks off Craigs List, perfect condition. I just bought an LD340 right here on the board for a buck fifty, still leaps and bounds better than that poorly cast intake.

That Chinese intake looks pitiful at best.

I c most peeps.say.use it even eddys have problems.speedmaster said they have sold thousands with only 4 problems all togethorI told him im taking barell intake off and wanna put this on

part of the problem...is people have engines that were cast 40+ years ago...have been rebuilt once or twice....heads decked...block decked....which can screw up the intake alignment...

then you take a brand new intake out of the box which could be any brand....and you wonder why is does not fit.....LOL

Spend a few dollars extra and get better quality and keep your fellow american citizens working, if you want to buy cheap china junk go ahead but don't expect anyone to feel sorry for you if you ever lose your job due to cheap imports !!!

My comments have ZERO to do with the quality. Mine looked real good. I liked it. But it will not work with a serpentine belt system. So if you plan to run a serpentine belt, you have been warned.

spend a few dollars extra and get better quality and keep your fellow american citizens working, if you want to buy cheap china junk go ahead but don't expect anyone to feel sorry for you if you ever lose your job due to cheap imports !!!

x2

Im not running a serpentine belt system or a/c.im gonna snatch a factory build not touched low mile out of a truck or durango.gonna add iron rams,comp custom grind hydralic roller.im building mine like lxguy built his. I would never run ac or serp.. on a classic

Im not running a serpentine belt system or a/c.im gonna snatch a factory build not touched low mile out of a truck or durango.gonna add iron rams,comp custom grind hydralic roller.im building mine like lxguy built his. I would never run ac or serp.. on a classic

Ignore the EBay/Pro Comp stuff. Professional Products,makes a sweet piece. Better yet ,buy the Edelbrock if upgrading the heads.J.M.O..

I had a polished PP Crosswind, and it was a pretty piece. It fit, (never bolted it up, but the angles were spot on) the casting was good, the ports lined up and it said CHINA big as Dallas on the bottom. I held it next to an Edelbrock Air Gap and the ports were better than the Edelbrocks, the bolt bosses were finished better and the port volume was a little smaller. Of course it was polished so the finish was better but for the money, it was a good buy for me and hopefully the guy who bought it. I said if he didnt like it he could get a refund, He never asked one.

If it doesn't fit you'll have a nice boat anchor. How good of a deal will it be if it is of poor quality and you have to go through all the hassle of returning it and trying to get your money back? If you buy a $150.00 intake, you get a $150.00 intake.

I had a polished PP Crosswind, and it was a pretty piece. It fit, (never bolted it up, but the angles were spot on) the casting was good, the ports lined up and it said CHINA big as Dallas on the bottom. I held it next to an Edelbrock Air Gap and the ports were better than the Edelbrocks, the bolt bosses were finished better and the port volume was a little smaller. Of course it was polished so the finish was better but for the money, it was a good buy for me and hopefully the guy who bought it. I said if he didnt like it he could get a refund, He never asked one.

Pishta,dead on.....

As long as your engine ain't a mag, let r rip. Make sure the intake runners line up.

That's wrong right there. It covers the Mag ports fine I've used 8 of those in Mag swaps & the only things that I've encountered was excessive casting flash that needs removed to allow it to seal right. After using the first one 7 years ago I look it over for that & grind it off if it has it
Fits only with a RV2 A/C compressor Direct no mods bolt on
Performer RPM is the only thing that really works correctly with A/C & serpentine. It requires mods to use all the correct bracing to keep the big aluminum ones from cracking. Edelbrock also put the heater nipple directly under the A/C pump so you have drill & tap the boss on the opposite side that's cast too small & barely is large enough for the factory fitting to have enough threads

Don't waste your money.
The extra cost of having it machined to fit your engine will easily make it cost the same/more than an eddy. (Which are also pretty awful too)

I took a chance on one. I did a vortec 383 chevy for a bud, not sure if it's the same company but his was crap. Port alignment, casting flash, surface finish terrible. So I rolled the dice and got lucky. Not an Edelbrock but nice ports and decent finish overall. Speedmaster brand off Ebag.

lowball Speedmaster (procomp) on Ebay items that have "make offer" on them. Got my ChinaGap for $105 free shipping

well i've run a couple of them, i have 1 on a 318 now works great, just built a 360 with 1, i'll be firing it up this next week hopefully, both the surfaces have been flat and perfect both time, asfore being universal i'm not sure on the newer motors never tried yet!!!!!!!

Its $125 shipped id like to try one.for that price lol im gonna buy a 5.9 this week.may order it lol

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Take-Off-Mopar-Chrysler-Dodge-SB-318-340-360-Eliminator-Intake-Manifold-Satin-/301150094027?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item461df1c2cb&vxp=mtr"]Take Off Mopar Chrysler Dodge SB 318 340 360 Eliminator Intake Manifold Satin | eBay[/ame]

sold 17 in the last few days...

make them an offer of about 10% under the asking price..

-
Back