Chip Foose or Barry White

-

ABodyBetty

Reaction score
Who do you guys like better Chip Foose or Barry White? Is there a specific car you like of theirs. Or is there someone else you like better. I know at the house all I see is Chip Foose and Barry White.

i dont like chips cars because it seems he cant leave anything stock. he always has to shave a bumper or something, and i really dont like some of the paintjobs he has put on those overhaulin cars. i do like that tribute roadrace cougar that barry white did.

I prefer Chip Foose... but hey, thats just me.. I realize he modifies the crap out of stuff, shaves door handles and bumpers and whatnot.. but I like his sense of vision, and he seems like an all around friendlier person.. loves cars and what he does.. as for Overhaulin.. there were plenty of cars, where a more 'stock' appearance was important.. and door handles and bumpers were left un-shaved...

That being said, I like some of what Barry has done.. with the whole Super Muscle Car thing.. but personality wise he seems kind of like an ***... Hes always bitching and putting down his parts/designer/all purpose employee dude... Makes for good tv I guess.. but you never see Chip treating people like crap...

Again.. all this is just my opinion.. but if I had the oppurtunity for one of them to work on my Dart.. it would be Chip....

i like both but i love the 69 hemi dart barry white did that thing was SWEEEEEET but chip has some good cars to

i like both but i love the 69 hemi dart barry white did that thing was SWEEEEEET but chip has some good cars to

The Poison Dart was my favorite episode of Wrecks To Riches... what a shock huh? ...

Foose all the way. He seems like a guy without an ego. Unlike Barry or even Boyd Coddington (R.I.P.). Check out his Riddler award winning hot rod. Chip's personality would definitely make him fit in here with the great people on FABO.

Wylde1.

I like them both. I think of them like the interior designers my wife watches on HGTV. They decide what other people will like and tell other people what to do. I like Barry's work on the more stock looking cars and Chip on the hot rods. Either of them beat watching Boyd Coddington. Yes I know he's dead, but I still can't stand watching that jerks shows. Who would want to work for a guy like that?

Barry White is a "Hack" he has built some nice cars but not the quality they should be for the money he gets for them. I would consider most of them just high quality drivers.

Chip is just a down to earth nice guy. I don't care for extreme mods he does but like a lot of builders, they have some nice ones and some that aren't. I loved the A-100 he did and the 56 Cadillac conv.

i dont like foose. his cars all look the same and none of it is really my style. and i dont know who barry white is lol. i like jimmy shine and jesse james lol. kinda redneck on he jesse side but its cool stuff. i also liked lou on muscle car but dont know where he went

I like Foose. I got to talk to him at a local car show before the big Overhaulin thing happened.
He is a real down to earth guy, I asked him all sorts of questions, and he went above and beyond to answer them.
I like the cars he builds, but I don't like the big wheels.
The guy is very talented, and his imagination is just crazy.

Foose 100%. I don't like everything he does in regards to body mods but he is a craftsman to the nth degree as is his father. Have you all really watched how Barry builds these cars? In and out as quick as possible with the local boy scouts bolting on the suspension. No way jose'. His cars scare me. He even got Parnelli Jones to sign one of his cars for free so he could sell it for more money. It just didn't seem right to me.

Like Wylde said too, Foose would fit right in here with us. He's seems like a true good guy and I've heard all sorts of stories of him going above and beyond for a stranger he met at a show, alleyoop included.

I like Barry White's style. Not afraid to make the car into what he wants. Also seems to have a realistic shop and schedule. Foose's style is too showy. What really used to make me nuts was Coddington's show. Too many deadlines. I used to think I'd never trust my work to anybody who would cut corners to make deadlines like he did. Hope all the self imposed stress did'nt call him in early. He still is one of the pioneers of modern day hotrodding. RIP Boyd.

Foose is the man!!! His cars are top shelf stuff. Barry White just does stuff any of us could do. All Barry's cars are just mail ordered parts bolted together. Hell I can do that, I wanna see the best, Foose cars are way to nice to drive sometimes. But he is the best and treats his guys the best too. Also Foose is right in there on every part of the build. He don't need instructions to do it. He can build the whole car from scratch if he had to. I like some of Barry's cars. I seen the purple GTX and Monster Mopar a few years ago and it wasn't that nice. Not as nice as you would expect a tv car to be

Chip Foose, for sure! He has a crew of craftsmen (and women) putting their collective heart and souls into those cars. If I have a complaint, it would be the lack of a side view mirror on several cars. I need mirrors, so I can avoid the text-monkeys on the road.

Barry White is in it for the money only, and I also dislike the way he treats people on his show. He has also put out some nice cars, but they are just cars.

I like em both,but if i had to pick i would say Chip Foose because of his demeanour.His sickfish was a "sick" fish even though i don't care much for Joe Rogan.I think Barry white did a thunderbolt didn't he?I thouhg ti remember a real nice one. Oh,and Barry's got that killer voice the girls all love,lol.8)

Foose 100%. I don't like everything he does in regards to body mods but he is a craftsman to the nth degree as is his father. Have you all really watched how Barry builds these cars? In and out as quick as possible with the local boy scouts bolting on the suspension. No way jose'. His cars scare me. He even got Parnelli Jones to sign one of his cars for free so he could sell it for more money. It just didn't seem right to me.

Like Wylde said too, Foose would fit right in here with us. He's seems like a true good guy and I've heard all sorts of stories of him going above and beyond for a stranger he met at a show, alleyoop included.

actualy i agree lol. he is not my style but he is a craftsman and it all turns out really clean and done right just not my style

I like Foose. I like his designs and he is one of the best artists I have ever seen personally... his renderings alone are amazing. Also, he's down to earth. Makes him a winner in my book!

foose does seem like a great guy. i just dont dig his style. i originally chose barry untill i watched one of his shows today. he bought a 6900 original mile survivor torino with a straight six and three on the tree. blue with blue steelies and dog dish hub caps. an absolute time capsule. so what did he do. tore it apart. put a v8 in it and put big chrome rims on it. i personally would have left it alone. i guess the car builder i choose is me.

I dont care for Barry White. he just throws money at junk most of the time. Yeah they turn out but for that kind of money? (id be pissed if i bought one then seen what it was to start with) Foose seems alright but i agree about having to customize everything. Sometimes a subtle touch is best. Come to think of it i didnt care for Boyd C either: he came off as a jerk.

-
Back