choosing wheels

-
go with the 17" rims... there are a ton of sizes out there.. even more sizes with 18".

thanks dusterboy. mine are the mustang bullit.

71&

Im going with these, American racing rebel 17 inch rims painted black:

b399.jpg

should look good with this color orange:

PICT1948.jpg

engine pics on the way.....

these guys have small bolt 17" wheels.. http://www.coyswheel.com./coys.html

they are nice wheels and aren't really expensive.

Gotta' admit, some of those wheels are pretty nice looking, especially the one with the grey center. I'm going to have to look at my backspacing calculations again. Wish they made them in a 15". Maybe I could make these work. Thanks!

Gotta' admit, some of those wheels are pretty nice looking, especially the one with the grey center. I'm going to have to look at my backspacing calculations again. Maybe I could make these work. Thanks!

djvduda has a set of them on his 66 cuda. he is running a 4 1/4" backspace.

ahah stick TO MY TOPIC

WHAT SHOULD I GET????

My personal preferance is to always stuff as much tire & wheel as I can get away with without clearance problems in the back. All else being equal, if I had unlimited choices I'd go with 15s. Pretty much the same in front, but a little narrower looks good too. I kinda' like the look of a good bulge of the tire on a narrower rim in back, so the tire width would have some effect on my wheel width choice. Does any of this make sense? :scratch:

:burnout:

I put coys on my 65 they cost me 1k shipped to my door they even sent valve stems and lugnuts though they showed up a week later after i already had them mounted.

CIMG4405.jpg

I put coys on my 65 they cost me 1k shipped to my door they even sent valve stems and lugnuts though they showed up a week later after i already had them mounted.

What size tires & wheels, do you have on your car? I saw in a post above that you are using 4 1/4" offset. Any clearance problems?

• Coy wheels 17” 4.5 backspacing
• BF Goodridge 255 45 17 rear / 225 50 17 front

After i installed the wheels I discovered Coys actually sent 4 1/2 backspacing..I was a little concerned at first with the rear with just over an 1/4 inch clearance to the leaf. I checked it today after jamming hard into some corners today. There were no rub marks on my rear tires.. The front I had to raise 1/4 inch because i kept catching the chrome driver side trim backing out of the driveway with the wheels locked out to the right.... no more problems with that but i was still catching the bottom of the fender..smoothed out the edge with a grinder all problems fixed..

Anyone ever seen these before? Apparently they're called a Keystone Rebel. The guy says they're vintage and he wants $300 for a set.

rebel.jpg

17x8x4.5BS back, 17x7x4"BS front, Nitto 450's, less than $1000 for set, great ride! (thanks for the excuse to post more pics of my favorite car!)

DSCF3533.jpg

DSCF3532.jpg

I like these American Racing AR500s
ar500.jpg

I say buy what you think looks good, not what everybody else likes.

17x8x4.5BS back, 17x7x4"BS front, Nitto 450's, less than $1000 for set, great ride! (thanks for the excuse to post more pics of my favorite car!)

That car looks Nice! I love my Nittos as well, but I run the 555's 255/45/17 and 295/45/18s, hang on! 8)

-
Back