Christmas Dinner

-
Just the 2 of us......flat irons and garlic brad cooked on a Big Green Egg.....broccoli & cheese and probably some chili beans....

Okay, finally a Christmas thread I can type in. Not one of my best years ...

At their insistence (because I'm "too tired" to have to cook this year), I picked up a sandwich platter from Subway yesterday. Rather than the usual baking frenzy of a couple dozen different kinds of cookies, candy and goodies (a family tradition since I was born) ...

View attachment Christmas Cookies 2011.jpg

... I was restricted to whipping up a solo pan of fudge and one batch of Nutmeg Logs. Pretty dayum lame. Not worth a pic so just enjoy last year's cookies instead. :-D

Merry Christmas ya'll!

Ham ,Italion meat balls, potatoe salad,fresh string beans,devil eggs,crock pot mac and cheese, candied yams,rolls,congelled salad, keylime pie,apple pie and avegtable tray. I'm sure there is more that I forgot to list. We will have this for supper tonight around 8 pm. Everybody is invited so come on over and sit a spell.

Lori is "whipping up" on Boxing Day
Turkey, mashed potatoes, squish(squash), carrots, stuffing, green beans, casserole, green salad of some kind, buns and you CANNOT FORGET THE GRAVY!!

12lb Prime Rib, mashed potatoes, broccoli casserol, sweet potatoes with brown sugar topping, layered jello pudding, pumpkin pie, chocolate pie and a whole bunch of snacks, so many it would take too long to type them. So many cookies and baked goods that it isn't right! My wife and Mom who lives in our guest house go nutzz on the cooking and baking.

We do every holiday for our family at our house cause nobody else can cook to save their life. I refuse to go to their houses cause it is that bad. We do fresh everything unlike my sister in law who lives out of a can and microwave. At thanksgiving my wife asked her to bring mashed potatoes and she asked how do you make them? That is how bad she cooks, mashed potatoes are you serious?? Her husband will not eat any of her food, he totally pigs out when he comes here.

-
Back