[WANTED] chrome front & rear windshield trim - 67 barracuda NB

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have a new 68-69 gasket for the rear glass . You will need one to put the stainless trim on.

Rubber moldings are in good shape I just need the stainless trim that seat in the molding.

The 67 did not have stainless trim like the 68-9 Cuda's! The 67 had an insert strip that expands the rubber window seal, and it was a vacuumized chrome covered plastic material, which shrunk, cracked and eventually broke and failed! The common cure is what the fellas here are offering...remove the windows, replace the 67 gasket with a 68-9 version, install the trim clips to the window channel, and install the 68-9 stainless trim! Here is a pic of the commonly used insert for 67, made by Protecto Trim! Geof

Attachments

• image.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 155
I hope you are understanding that the rubber gaskets will need to be 68/9 type to accommodate the stainless reveal moldings. Expensive project. I spend hours cleaning OEM 68/9 gaskets rather than buying new repops.
When all done the stainless moldings will draw attention to slight flaws in the factory body work that wasn't noticed before. The 67 gasket didn't sit right against the body lines so they didn't have to get those lines at panel joins perfect.
It'll be wise to check and trim the fence at the rear glass opening also. Otherwise the gasket may not lay against the headliner like it should.
The assembly line workers had to make small changes and put more effort into their work when those reveal moldings were added.
Patterns for the molding clips go have been posted here several times.
If you're willing to spend the coins to geter done, we'll help you geter done correctly as possible.

As requested, here's a pic of the insert trim I have, sold under the name Protecto Trim! Manufactured by Cowles out of New Haven,Ct! Not saying it's the right biscuit, just a product that is an acceptable substitute! Anybody need this package just message, I bought it in hopes that it would work on the lower convertible front trim, but it's not wide enough to expand that strip! Geof

Attachments

• image.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 86
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back