-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jons340Dart

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
so Year One wants an outrageous sum for 20 lug nuts.... anybody know where I can get cheaper chrome lug nuts for my SBP rallye wheels...

I need 15 LH 7/16 and 5 RH 7/16 - don't ask me how I ended up having the extra set of LH threads - I'll remedy that at some later date

or maybe you have some you are willing to part wiht at a reasonable cost....

i got a set (including locking lugs) for about 23.00 at Advance auto..but they were all right hand thread

Your neighbourhood UAP/NAPA store should be able to help you out! I bought a set of chrome acorn nuts for my Jeep to replace the el-cheapo factory nuts and they were just over $1 a piece (my cost). :)

so Year One wants an outrageous sum for 20 lug nuts.... anybody know where I can get cheaper chrome lug nuts for my SBP rallye wheels...

I need 15 LH 7/16 and 5 RH 7/16 - don't ask me how I ended up having the extra set of LH threads - I'll remedy that at some later date

Yep. If you want Year One's nuts you have to give them both of yours.

It is tuff to find left hand thread chrome lug nuts. Either you will pay the big bucks from some one like Year 1 or beforced to purchase a huge minimum qty.

Your best bet is to swap the left hand studs for right hand ones then you can get a set of 20 for around $20 any where. The studs will run you about $1.5 each.

right hand threads all the way around probably is the best plan but...
if you do install brand new lugs on brand new studs a thin coat of anti-sieze compound is needed. These full thread nuts trap heat and sieze.
Mfgrs went to a hollow chrome or stainless jacket over a standard acorn nut on later models to solve this problem.

Maybe you are not looking anymore but I bought 20 chrome lug nuts (10 RH and 10 LH) at a Swap Meet in Ancaster just last month. The fellow had more chrome nuts washers etc. than I had ever seen and he knew exactly what I was looking for when I showed him a broken lug nut from my 65 Dart GT. I pait $ 1.50 each.

He frequents swap meets and is out of Espanola ON. Drop me a PM and I will give you his email address and his phone number if you like.
His Co. name is BLAST into the past, automotive accessories.

Cheers

Thanks for all the feedback and advice....

at the end of the day I'm going to knock out the studs and go RH all around. Thanks for the anti seize reminder Redfish

Hope to see you all at Moparfest 2008!

Thanks for all the feedback and advice....

at the end of the day I'm going to knock out the studs and go RH all around. Thanks for the anti seize reminder Redfish

Hope to see you all at Moparfest 2008!

If you have 9" drums the drum and hub are seperate pieces and the stud is swagged on the threaded side to hold the drum on. In this situation grind the head off on the back side and drive it out the front.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back