chrome piece on 65 cuda

-

cudabob1965

Reaction score
Has anyone removed to large chrome piece over the trunk on the Barracuda? I have deep walled sockets but none seem to work does anyone know the size of the nuts on these (its the chrome piece with the Valiant Emblem)

bare full try not to break the plastic piece sticking down outa the windo rubber and ive never been able to not crak the plastic interior corner to get the outside curved pieces
you might loose the very bottom nuts but we have lots of them good luck with your ride

bare full try not to break the plastic piece sticking down outa the windo rubber and ive never been able to not crak the plastic interior corner to get the outside curved pieces...
Yup, been looking for years to find unbroken replacements for mine, They just get brittle and break when you are pulling them out.

Thanks again, the nuts were 3/8ths (except one) of course, some weird size that no socket fit, Found a way and all the chrome removed. The plastic piece is good, going to resurface it and re-use it. :thumbup:

Wanted to let you know I was able to save the rubber piece on the back of the center chrome piece on 65 cuda I resurfaced it with 3m Bondo plastic and rubber repair epoxy and lots of sanding I then cut the rounded edge with razor blade and then used a utility blade to cut behind under the rubber it eventually came loose with no damage Will spay paint it with that rubber bumper spray paint

-
Back