chrome steering colume

-

mpaahana23

Reaction score
hi looking for chrome steering colume for a 1966 Plymouth valiant

4 speed

Yuck! Seriously, are you looking for a chromed steering column? Never seen one....

Seen the polished ones the streetrod guys seem to like. Flaming River maybe? Never cared for the look of them myself.

ididit I believe has a chrome one as well. I have a steel/paintable one in my car 28" is what you will need.

Nobody makes a direct bolt-on chrome steering column for a '66 (or any other year) Valiant (or any other Plymouth, Chrysler, or Dodge). There are aftermarket columns such as in post № 8. Adaptation & modification required. Big expense and big job for zero benefit.

DOES IT BOLT ON
Sort of. The length is right. How ever the bottom column support has a location tab to center the original column. you will need to remove the tab. The wiring coming from the column exits right in the way of the top support closest to the dash you will need to modify the upper support to allow the wiring not be crushed by the support. All aftermarket parts are not just bolt in for our cars.

Sort of. The length is right. How ever the bottom column support has a location tab to center the original column. you will need to remove the tab. The wiring coming from the column exits right in the way of the top support closest to the dash you will need to modify the upper support to allow the wiring not be crushed by the support. All aftermarket parts are not just bolt in for our cars.
thanks

I got a good deal on a flaming river fr20000 and adapter for $200.00

-
Back