Chrysler 318 340 360 V8 Profrom Electronic Distributor Conversion Kit # 66991

-

bruno

Reaction score
Hi anyone used one of these Proform Electronic Distributor conversion kits on their small block Chrysler 318 340 360 V8 Profrom Electronic Distributor Conversion Kit # 66991and how is it any good?

Basically the same as a stock system, but a really fast curve! If that works for you go for it.

Best to stay with a factory type conversion distributor. Parts for it everywhere if you ever have a problem, which is rare on those.

Last edited:
I bought a Proform Ignition kit for my 72 Dart Swinger. I will NOT buy anything from Proform again (was not happy with it). You get what you pay for. Summit kit is probably way better.

From what I have seen the proform ecu's are fake replacements with the fake transistor on them and usually filled with sand to get the weight and a small circuit board in them. The distribs are just Mopar with light springs.

If the timing sparks too far from when it should, the combustion and power stroke will be less efficient.
The factory points distributor will spark a heck of a lot closer to the best timing for pretty much any driving condition.
Purpose of Timing

Last edited:
-
Back