Chryslers at Carlisle 2023 who is going

-
Are all the blanks that silver (nickel-plated?) finish? I vaguely recall my grandmother's Chrysler having factory keys (I distinctly remember the Pentastar) with a different finish...maybe a sort of bronze or brass?
All of Chrysler's keys were actually sub contracted out to Brigg & Stratton. Yes, the lawnmower people.
B&S subleted work out to two other key makers, American Key & Lock (Curtis), and Yale.
All the keys were nickle plated brass, however, it seems some of the Yale and Curtis keys weren't as heavily plated.
I've seen hundreds of keys that the nickel plating has worn off of, almost always, the primary or ignition key.
BTW, Mopar still has B&S producing their keys. They have an entire key divsion called Strat Tech. They do keys for many brands.
I buy my keys directly from them. I have to buy insane #'s, but mine are all high quality and use original mopar tooling.

Last edited:
I live in Eastgate. If you could put a pair back for me I can pick them up at the show or get with you this week. Whatever works best for you. Thanks, Craig
I'm headed to Carlisle Wednesday.
If you want to meet me sometime, we can do that.
I'll send you a PM with my info.

Spent the rainy day getting the girls ready

20230709_153834.jpg

20230709_151157.jpg

20230709_151139.jpg

20230709_151025.jpg

20230709_140253.jpg

20230709_140216.jpg

20230702_155321.jpg

2023 Chrysler Nationals FxBO Tent Activities

First, the FBBO tent is located at spots ID 75-77 - see map picture below.

Friday: Noon to 1PM
Bring your own lunch and hang out with other FxBO members. There will be water and beer available to drink - free as long as supplies last.

Saturday: Noon to 1PM
Picnic lunch to all FxBO members, plus water, soda, beer, meatball sandwiches, hot dogs, BBQ plus other stuff. All free as long as supplies last.
At 12:45, I will raffle off some prizes to persons in attendance. These include Gold Memberships (or renewal of your gold membership next time), plus other prizes that have been supplied by various people. (Richard @69bfan continues to be a great supporter of our sites, he has provided lots of support for the tent every year and has lots of quality parts for our cars. Please stop by and see him at rows H and I, just below building T.)

Available Friday and Saturday at the Tent
There will be a cooler there with water, beer and perhaps other beverages. If you are hot and need a drink or shade, stop by and grab one. Again, free as long as supplies last. Chat with other FxBO members who may be there and make another car friend!

Available as needed
If you are new to Carlisle, need some help, or have questions, stop by and see me at spots E45 & E46. I'll be running around a lot, but my phone number will be posted there if I'm not there. I'm happy to help if I can.

Hope to see you at Carlisle!

Hawk

Carlisle_Map.jpg

2023 Chrysler Nationals FxBO Tent Activities

First, the FBBO tent is located at spots ID 75-77 - see map picture below.

Friday: Noon to 1PM
Bring your own lunch and hang out with other FxBO members. There will be water and beer available to drink - free as long as supplies last.

Saturday: Noon to 1PM
Picnic lunch to all FxBO members, plus water, soda, beer, meatball sandwiches, hot dogs, BBQ plus other stuff. All free as long as supplies last.
At 12:45, I will raffle off some prizes to persons in attendance. These include Gold Memberships (or renewal of your gold membership next time), plus other prizes that have been supplied by various people. (Richard @69bfan continues to be a great supporter of our sites, he has provided lots of support for the tent every year and has lots of quality parts for our cars. Please stop by and see him at rows H and I, just below building T.)

Available Friday and Saturday at the Tent
There will be a cooler there with water, beer and perhaps other beverages. If you are hot and need a drink or shade, stop by and grab one. Again, free as long as supplies last. Chat with other FxBO members who may be there and make another car friend!

Available as needed
If you are new to Carlisle, need some help, or have questions, stop by and see me at spots E45 & E46. I'll be running around a lot, but my phone number will be posted there if I'm not there. I'm happy to help if I can.

Hope to see you at Carlisle!

Hawk

View attachment 1716112842
Wow, Thats awesome , Thanks for doing it !!

My D150 is ready but I am thinking of canceling my hotel room and not going as the forecast looks really lousy with rain everyday , I will decide in a day or two

I'm on the fence as well, Friday currently looks better than Saturday...

Screenshot_20230710_121757_Chrome.jpg

First time going….. flying in from Chicago Friday morning. Hoping to score a Dart Sport RH tail light bezel and possibly a tuff wheel adapter. Also celebrating the ‘73 models, which mine is.

Anyone in need of 15" LBP Ralleye acorn centers?
Driver condition, need cleaned up.

20230710_213231.jpg

Last edited:
On the way today.
Packed up with trailer.
20230713_085518.jpg
In the mountains now for a picnic lunch.

20230713_104334.jpg

20230713_104352.jpg

Y'all have a wonderful time I can't go super bummed but Life Goes On.. planning got screwed up and two buddies backed out..be safe and have no regrets!!! P.S. some of my best shows had rain in the forcast...

-
Back