Church Folk

-

mikedevore

Reaction score
My daughter & I went to the local dougnut shop this morning.
Only to find Church folk going at it over a parking spot in front of the doughnut shop.
The cops were brought in to bust it up.
Great entertainment!

Without pics, this thread is...oh, nevermind.

And you used the key words: church folk.

Going to church doesn't make you anymore of a Christian than sitting in your driveway makes you a car.

Going to church doesn't make you anymore of a Christian than sitting in your driveway makes you a car.

Well said Robert.

Wonder if anyone saw any large video cameras shooting the next episode of 'Parking Lot Wars'?

Glenn

And being a Christian does not free you from stupid behavior.

Cars don't run smoothly all the time either. If it breaks down, it doesn't mean it's not a car.

Oh LORD I hereby am about to punch him in the lip.
Religious or not no one should fight.
Darryl

I wouldnt say that. Not that i believe in that nonsense anything, but no one is to say anyone isnt more of religious person than any other. Everyone picks/chooses in religion. Those people in the OP's story must have missed where ever it says not to start fights over 20ft of walking distance.

The truth is: Being of a religion doesnt make you a decent person. Bad people are bad people and the religious part generally(excluding a few nutjobs) is just a matter of where people think their going after death.

Is a pen still a pen when it's out of ink. There are places that call themselves churches, but it's quite a stretch. Didn't Sun Yung Moon have one? Most of the people I go to church with are too old to fight, or they would be trying to force you to take the good spot.

From the reverend to the congregation after the incident.

Oh Lord we are truly thankful for the two idiots you have given this congregation and ask you bestow your blessings and forgiveness upon there dumb asses.

Amen

Question was one of the combatants driving a pinkish car and answered to the name of Homer?

My daughter & I went to the local dougnut shop this morning.
Only to find Church folk going at it over a parking spot in front of the doughnut shop.
The cops were brought in to bust it up.
Great entertainment!
I'm going to go into depth but alot of people go to church to ease their minds about what they do outside the doors!

OK Kids,...Back to the topic at hand here,....

Sunday,..Church folks,...Cops,...Donut Shop,....I smell a good laugh in here somewhere...

Sadly, "church" folks seem to be no less immune to hypocrisy than their unchurched neighbors. Doubly sad is the probability that the participants in this incident saw nothing wrong with their actions nor gave thought to the example they giving to spectators.

Sometimes "Church Folk" have the least amount of self restraint since they truly believe they are auto-forgiven for making wrong choices.

Since becoming a Southern Baptist minister, I've learned that fellow Christians are just as likely to disappoint you as anyone else. However, we don't much about the two who were fighting. As was previously mentioned, just showing up at church doesn't necessarily mean a person has accepted Christ as Savior.

I've also encountered some pretty mean spirited people in my own church which brings me to another lesson I've learned; just because they go to church doesn't mean they're nice people.

Even if those two were saved, Christians do stumble. Hopefully, they'll be convicted by the Holy Spirit, then repent, and then ask God for foregiveness. After all, the price has been paid.

OK Kids,...Back to the topic at hand here,....

Sunday,..Church folks,...Cops,...Donut Shop,....I smell a good laugh in here somewhere...

Also, if I may add, we don't know for sure if they were even church folks. Could have been a couple of off duty cops on their way to work!

So here's the story.
Two people were fighting over a parking spot that just happened to be at the donut shop.
The owner of the donut shop heard the commotion and decided to moderate the argument.
He decreed that the parking spot get cut in half and each Prius driver could have thier own spot.
The cop heard about what was going on at the donut shop and speeded to the scene to get donuts before the two people arguing over the parking spot resolved thier differences and bought some of the donuts.

So here's the story.
Two people were fighting over a parking spot that just happened to be at the donut shop.
The owner of the donut shop heard the commotion and decided to moderate the argument.
He decreed that the parking spot get cut in half and each Prius driver could have thier own spot.
The cop heard about what was going on at the donut shop and speeded to the scene to get donuts before the two people arguing over the parking spot resolved thier differences and bought some of the donuts.

Funny you were editing while I was trying to comment. They did indeed decide to divide the spot, but one of them relented and they all ate donuts happily ever after.

Belief in God os a good thing but it isn't a license for stupidity...

Belief in God os a good thing but it isn't a license for stupidity...

However, if they were two Baptist deacons, then that sort of ends the discussion. I can assure you all, it's perfectly normal behavior. Baptist deacons will argue over anything! Move on, nothing to see here!!!!

-
Back