City says "it's designed just fine," LOL

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
The "Thee News" tonight was detailing a woman who's house has been crashed into THREE times since she's lived there, and evidently AT LEAST TWICE before she bought the joint

City of Spokane says "the intersection is just fine"

Attachments

• crash.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 439
i had a coworker who lived in a similar situation
one day a drunk driver came flying through the intersection thinking the road continued and he plowed into my coworkers truck which was parked in his driveway
the truck got slammed into his mudstank (also parked in the driveway) and the front end of the mudstank got slammed into the house, entering his bedroom by way of the wall

the car the drunk was driving, the truck and the mudstank were all three totaled
only silver lining was that all three vehicles were furds

Exactly. If the same house had been hit five times, I'd build a concrete wall myself and hide it with bushes.

I'd put an in ground pool in the front yard

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO7iBOatH_E"]Flodder - Achtervolging Tennisklote - YouTube[/ame]

yeah but I bet they want a building permit to erect a permanent barrier and inspection fees and probably a re-assessment of the property afterward .

Jersey barriers or k-rails, whatever you want to call them would do the trick. Get 3 of the tall ones and plant a few trees to make thinks look a little better. No building permit required.

Jack

Jersey barriers or k-rails, whatever you want to call them would do the trick. Get 3 of the tall ones and plant a few trees to make thinks look a little better. No building permit required.

Jack
Them hurt ! Just so you know when you hit them at 80 . :banghead:

When I was a kid, our driveway was an unfinished street, that went through a vacant lot and a curb at the other end. One night my brother was getting out of the car and a car came down our driveway almost hitting my brother, and through the lot(probably got a surprise after jumping off of the curb). After that dad cut down a tree that was about 4 feet across at the base and put across the end of our driveway. Nobody went down our driveway again.

A couple of big landscape boulders would do the trick, the ones that are about the size of a kitchen stove and weigh a couple of tons. Let a few of them pile into a big immovable rock and the city will wake up. Unfortunately only until someone dies or someone of political importance gets hurt will the city acknowledge the problem.

I'm too skeptical! I believe that if they put concrete barriers in front of their house that a drunk driver would get killed and his family would sue and win against the home owners for wrongful death!

Sometimes it's just better to move on.

I'm too skeptical! I believe that if they put concrete barriers in front of their house that a drunk driver would get killed and his family would sue and win against the home owners for wrongful death!

Sometimes it's just better to move on.

I'm thinkin' flagpoles. Lots of very short, large diameter flagpoles

Or "art." I've come to believe ANYTHING is art as long as someone CALLS it art.

I'd put an in ground pool in the front yard.....

I'd put a 2nd story carport with a driveway leading up to it, if you know what I mean!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFT2s1bgKEE"]VINTAGE CAR JUMPS HOUSE. CRASH / ODD STUNT - YouTube[/ame]

at least they could put up a steel guardrail. Today most citys have setback guidelines.That house would be encroaching.

Avoid construction fees and permitting. Dig a moat. No added property value taxes either.

Avoid construction fees and permitting. Dig a moat. No added property value taxes either.

In Jones County it would. You know they raised our property taxes over a 30" tall wood stove I put in my shop?

-
Back