Civil war cannon vs. Saturn

-

1967 'cuda

Dropped on Head as a Baby
Reaction score
I came across this on FBBO. Somebody had posted the link. It's not so much a joke, but it's sort of cool to see (in slow motion) what a 12 pound cannonball does to a Saturn. The portion where they shoot the Saturn begins at about 1:40 into the video.

[ame]http://youtu.be/SKowzoEsdp4[/ame]

That's wild that it goes through the engine block and the entire car and never stops! Pretty cool nonetheless

'Scuse me...comin' through!

Now that's proper gun control! Hitting what you're aiming at.

My uncle has many cannons he has made.
He does re-enactments.
The neighbors complain when it lets them off.

The most awesome thing I ever see him do is shoot load if full of roofing nails, and take down a 24" healthy oak tree.

The fire power of them is tremendous.

It really amazed me. I never would have thought it would have made it all the way through from front to back. I would have liked to have seen a shot through the front or rear suspensions instead of through the door.

I would like to see what that would do to my neighbor's house.

10 pounders pack a punch. That's one of the reasons why there were so many amputations during the Civil War...

They had 2 balls connected with a chain they shot at ship rigging to take them down as well as 2 musket balls on a rod that extended in flight to cut down troops. Imagine a spinning propeller coming at you! The original daisy cutter.

I used to think of these old cannons as ineffective. No exploding warheads, limited range, and I doubted their accuracy. But after seeing the video I started remembering seeing pictures of them in a line on the battlefields. They must have mowed down everything in front of them. The multiple cannonballs coupled together had to be devastating.

-
Back