classic a/c compressor

-

71RALLYEDART

Reaction score
I bought the classic underhood replacement a/c system for my 71 adrt 340. The engine has a victor 340 air gap intake and i am having a problem getting the pulleys to line up, because the compressor ends up too high. Has anyone else experienced this problem or am I just doing something wrong? Thanks

Photos would help. I don't think being too high could change the axial location of the pulleys, so I expect the belt no longer clears the water pump or such.

I think you probably answered your own question. Aftermarket intake doesn't cooperate with aftermarket compressor mounting. Just the pitfalls of aftermarket parts.

Yes that is part of the problem, but this weekend I Checked the pump with the bracket they gave me and it still is too high. Even if the intake wasnt causing clearance issues

I'm not familiar with the intake you're using, but can you clock the compressor 90* ? We installed a Classic Air unit last year on a Demon with a 6pk intake and had to clock the compressor to clear the air cleaner....

Lining up brackets and pulleys did require some creative solutions :thumbup:

Have you tried calling Classic? They were quite helpful with my questions....Good Luck

-
Back