Classic Crap Once Again...

-

nodemon

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Ordered a dash pad ONE YEAR AGO this month, March of 2021, from Classic Industries.. When it finally arrived in July, it was so unbelievably defective, I couldn't believe it made it past quality control. Chalk it up to "things happen" ...(even though something THAT bad SHOULDN'T).. They reordered another for me, BUT, I went to the bottom of the list. Well, well...exactly one year later from the original order, I FINALLY receive the replacement today...and AGAIN, I'm not real happy. Some defects in the vinyl and the mounting studs are bent to hell... I have to mention that this current dash pad is from OER.... Guess they both have the same, crappy, incompetent, laughable, fast food mentality of "just crank the **** out and send it" attitude, where they just hope the customer doesn't give a **** because they're too hungry OR it's just too much of a hassle to bother with it BECAUSE IT MIGHT TAKE ANOTHER YEAR TO GET IT RIGHT....AND, by the way...the dash pad isn't the only product I had problems with from CLASSIC INDUSTRIES.. They COMPLETELY muddled up my headliner...sending me the wrong material AND DEFECTIVE at that.....then sending out a DEVECTIVE replacement. What a joke.
Was going to order a grille from them because I'm having a hard time finding an original...but NO WAY will I now.. I'll wait and wait till I find a nice OEM grille and just run my busted up one that's on my car now because hey, it'll match the crappy dash pad.

Last edited:
China made junk....restore an original is your best bet with a lot of this stuff. There are places that restore your original pad or send them your old core and they send you a new one. I get it, people try to save money, I do too...but you get what you pay for....sorry they screwed your over

Sorry to read. You would think part of their business plan would be to beef up QC, seeing how they spend ZERO $$ on mfg labor. Honestly with the BS you've been thru why in the world would you have given them another chance? F that, not me, there are enough quality used parts on here I would have bought.

Man im sorry to read this. I was gonna buy a pad thru them but luckily found an original one in really good shape thru here and it just so happened to be local so I was able to go pick it up. I really lucked out. It's a shame for the ridiculous prices that quality on them suck so bad.

In magazine article in "street Muscle Magazine" dated March 2012. Jeff Leanard of classic Industries states that OER is a division of classic Industries. So yes same parts. Same quality issues.

In magazine article in "street Muscle Magazine" dated March 2012. Jeff Leanard of classic Industries states that OER is a division of classic Industries. So yes same parts. Same quality issues.
I bought some oer window cranks that were complete garbage they even had genuine mopar parts on the packaging. They were so bad I just used my original worn out ones

You can bet they probably just repackaged it and send it out again to some poor sucker, like you said till they get a hold of someone who is too busy to send it back.

Ordered a dash pad ONE YEAR AGO this month, March of 2021, from Classic Industries.. When it finally arrived in July, it was so unbelievably defective, I couldn't believe it made it past quality control. Chalk it up to "things happen" ...(even though something THAT bad SHOULDN'T).. They reordered another for me, BUT, I went to the bottom of the list. Well, well...exactly one year later from the original order, I FINALLY receive the replacement today...and AGAIN, I'm not real happy. Some defects in the vinyl and the mounting studs are bent to hell... I have to mention that this current dash pad is from OER.... Guess they both have the same, crappy, incompetent, laughable, fast food mentality of "just crank the **** out and send it" attitude, where they just hope the customer doesn't give a **** because they're too hungry OR it's just too much of a hassle to bother with it BECAUSE IT MIGHT TAKE ANOTHER YEAR TO GET IT RIGHT....AND, by the way...the dash pad isn't the only product I had problems with from CLASSIC INDUSTRIES.. They COMPLETELY muddled up my headliner...sending me the wrong material AND DEFECTIVE at that.....then sending out a DEVECTIVE replacement. What a joke.
Was going to order a grille from them because I'm having a hard time finding an original...but NO WAY will I now.. I'll wait and wait till I find a nice OEM grille and just run my busted up one that's on my car now because hey, it'll match the crappy dash pad.
Hello,

We’re very sorry to hear about this situation with the dash pad. We are going to look into this and we’d be more than happy to work with you to make things right.

Could you please send me a direct message with your order number or phone number, or email so I can locate your account? We’d be happy to exchange that dash pad for a new one (pre-inspected of course), or issue you a refund for your purchase.

Gabe Flores
Brand Manager

Last edited:
Nodemon , looks like they heard you here! Sounds like they want to make it right! Hopefully it doesn't take them another year it get back to ya . Please let the forum know how this works out, and it's just not some public relations BS. I have a whole list of parts I was getting ready to order !

I understand mistakes happen. But it’s on the company to fix it, and fix it QUICKLY. I got a bad bushing on a Hellwig sway bar. They bent over backwards to make it right and get a new part out to me 24 hours later. It was obvious they took pride in what leaves their shop and QC problems were not “business as usual.” That’s how it’s done.

@ClassicIndustries3 I’m sure a lot of us will be watching this thread to see how you guys make things right with @nodemon before we place anymore orders.

Nodemon , looks like they heard you here! Sounds like they want to make it right! Hopefully it doesn't take them another year it get back to ya . Please let the forum know how this works out, and it's just not some public relations BS. I have a whole list of parts I was getting ready to order !

We will resolve the original poster's issue as promptly as possible and to his complete satisfaction. We do apologize for any unfortunate wait that may have occurred.

Last edited:
I understand mistakes happen. But it’s on the company to fix it, and fix it QUICKLY. I got a bad bushing on a Hellwig sway bar. They bent over backwards to make it right and get a new part out to me 24 hours later. It was obvious they took pride in what leaves their shop and QC problems were not “business as usual.” That’s how it’s done.

@ClassicIndustries3 I’m sure a lot of us will be watching this thread to see how you guys make things right with @nodemon before we place anymore orders.
That's fair... All we ask is that our customers contact us to give us a fair chance to make things right.

It may be worth mentioning again: if any forum member has an unresolved issue, we invite you to send us a direct message here so we can do our part to make sure things are handled quickly and properly.

Last edited:
I'm glad the vendor has stepped in to help you out. I to have had some long time waiting for orders from classic but have been happy once I have received the part.

@nodemon , have you got pics of the issues?
@RAT ROD AL , you may want to try BE A parts. I've spoken to Mike, he's a good guy.
Mopar Restoration Parts, B/E & A Restoration, Mike Ross, New New Stock

I bought some oer window cranks that were complete garbage they even had genuine mopar parts on the packaging. They were so bad I just used my original worn out ones

Hello dartfreak75,

We are sorry to hear you were unhappy with the window cranks you purchased.
Please PM us with details and we will conduct a review of the product in question.
We are always interested to hear from our customers about their experiences with the various products we distribute.
If there is ever an issue with a part, please do not hesitate to reach out to us here with a private message so we can determine if there is anything we can do to improve the product.
And as always, we will strive to make things right in the rare instances where there has been an unhappy outcome.

Hello dartfreak75,

We are sorry to hear you were unhappy with the window cranks you purchased.
Please PM us with details and we will conduct a review of the product in question.
We are always interested to hear from our customers about their experiences with the various products we distribute.
If there is ever an issue with a part, please do not hesitate to reach out to us here with a private message so we can determine if there is anything we can do to improve the product.
And as always, we will strive to make things right in the rare instances where there has been an unhappy outcome.

Gabe it must get old having a job where you are constantly apologizing to people for problems you didn't create...

Currently two threads running here on FABO about problems with Classic & each of those threads have more than one complaint...

Another thread with a legitimate complaint running over on FBBO... Plus a thread complaining about hidden costs cause the poster doesn't think he should be charged sales tax.... (Can't blame Classic for that... LOL)

How many other threads are running across the internet....

Sure would be nice if the shipping dept could get their **** together.... Not saying it's only the shipping dept but it seems like they create 70%+ of the complaints...

Gabe it must get old having a job where you are constantly apologizing to people for problems you didn't create...

Currently two threads running here on FABO about problems with Classic & each of those threads have more than one complaint...

Another thread with a legitimate complaint running over on FBBO... Plus a thread complaining about hidden costs cause the poster doesn't think he should be charged sales tax.... (Can't blame Classic for that... LOL)

How many other threads are running across the internet....

Sure would be nice if the shipping dept could get their **** together.... Not saying it's only the shipping dept but it seems like they create 70%+ of the complaints...
You'd think it would get old, but I understand that it's just the nature of doing business. It would be unrealistic to think you can make all your customers happy all the time. I do find satisfaction in seeing all the positive reviews come through as well. I just counted 71 positive reviews that just came through in the last 24 hours... Most of the community appreciates what we do and the role we play in keeping this great pastime alive, but some get very upset whenever something goes wrong.

As a retailer, we take the blame for a bunch of problems that we have very little control over (price increases, shipping costs, back orders, defects, taxes, etc). We take ownership of what we can and take action on the things that we can improve upon.

The shipping department isn't all that bad. All of our departments have been feeling the strain over the last two years, but we have a dedicated crew of employees that take pride in their work and show up everyday ready to keep the ball rolling, in spite of the challenges.

Everything me and my friends have bought from classic industries is either junk, or doesnt fit. Its pretty sad. Surprised that there is not a company that's willing to takeover, there's a lot of money in mopars IF YOU DO BUSINESS RIGHT

-
Back