Clean slant six !!!

-

JustaMom

Reaction score
Hooray!! Just got it back from the shop... This is my....I mean my kid's 64 3.7L dart conv. We,,, I mean he and and dad need to do a lot more, to it, it has no top and original interior ,,, what's left of it. Little stuff needs to be fixed but it runs good!

Attachments

• Rebuilt-Engine.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 234
  • Before-engine.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 154
Looks good! Keep us updated with pics as the boys do the work.

Looks great! You....er, your kid must be proud. What a fun project (for all of you)!

looking good! How did you get that big V8 air conditioner compressor to work on that little six?

Convertable with ac, am I missing something?
Looks clean

Yeah, about that air conditioner. It's a Cool Aire by Chrysler. We don't know if it works because we were trying to get the engine going. It hasn't been a priority. The air cond is a Chrysler product but must not be original equipment because the power steering pump (which we sent away to get rebuilt) only had one pulley. This was an Az car which explains why someone would want to escape the heat, but in So. Cal this week were getting 90s all week which is normal for Sept. so I hope it works.
Well the kid didn't apparently put the gas cap on all the way and well, now its gone. Boo hoo! One more piece of original equipment laying in the gutter somewhere.
Having a bit of trouble getting the carburetor tuned in. The engine purrs when in neutral, but is quite unstable when in drive & sitting at a light. Then we need to tackle the steering, its too loose. The trans needs some attention....Someday maybe... we'll get to paint it and upholster it.
You see, it's his today.... and mine tomorrow! (pic of proud kid ((before his hair cut)) with his temporary ride)

Attachments

• body-before.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 142
-
Back