clocking lca to torsion bars helppp

-

72golddustermike

Reaction score
i am rebuilding my front suspension i got some .920 mopar performance torsion bars from summit and have replace my lca bushings. i have the lca and strut rods hanging loose. my question is should i push the adjusting blade down with lca with a pressure until the bar slips in or rotate it up till the bars slide in with no pressure.

Here is what I did. I tapped the adjuster lever all the way down with the suspension dangling on stands. Back the adjuster bolt all the way off. Insert torsion bar might need to stand or push down on the LCA to get the torsion bar in. Then adjust from there.

Take the bump stop off the upper control arm so the front suspension will drop all the way. That with the torsion bar adjusting bolt backed off all the way the bar will slip right in.

You cant back the adjust screw out so far that it wont stay in the fingers divit. If the bump stop is removed from under the upper arm the knuckle assembly will drop down a little further and let the torsion bar side in/out without a fight.
Let the vehicle down and set the height ( engine, etc.. in ofcourse ). You can always go back and install those bump stops at the end of next week. :)
At least this way you can do it twice if needed to get the head of the adjust bolt to land where you want it.

Take the bump stop off the upper control arm so the front suspension will drop all the way. That with the torsion bar adjusting bolt backed off all the way the bar will slip right in.

X2 thatsssssssssss how I did it.

-
Back