clutch cable?

-

barracuda65

Reaction score
I have a 273 with a broken 904, I was going to put in a 1967 904, but the hole in the back of the crank is too small. There is already a clutch pedal in the car & I have an 833. I was told there is an aftermarket clutch cable set-up available to use in place of the z-bar & linkages. I have not been able to locate this item. Is anyone aware of this set-up, or used it on their car?

There's been a few vehicles came from the factory with a "cable clutch." I wouldn't give you a plug nickel for the whole damn pile of 'em.

If you cannot come up with mechanical linkage, go hydraulic.

I'd like to investigate hydraulic for my 65 Slant 6....

What are my reasonable choices? Specifically available kits from ?

Is a throwout bearing change the best way or an approach using slave & master cylinder like a Dodge truck? Slave will not fit in front of the clutch fork without hitting things.

Thanks......Don

I have a 273 with a broken 904, I was going to put in a 1967 904, but the hole in the back of the crank is too small. There is already a clutch pedal in the car & I have an 833. I was told there is an aftermarket clutch cable set-up available to use in place of the z-bar & linkages. I have not been able to locate this item. Is anyone aware of this set-up, or used it on their car?
Why not just get the correct converter?

-
Back