Clutch pedal bushings

-

Jamakin

Reaction score
anybody know where I can get the bushings for the clutch pedal assembly? I rebuilt my pedal setup and need to replace the two outer bushings. Brewers has them for $3.50 a piece but figured there might be an alternative place or some other part that works

thanks

anybody know where I can get the bushings for the clutch pedal assembly? I rebuilt my pedal setup and need to replace the two outer bushings. Brewers has them for $3.50 a piece but figured there might be an alternative place or some other part that works

thanks

on second look and after talking to them, brewers doesn't even have them. They carry the inside bushing and the ones for the the outside but only the HD pedal they have no idea to get the ones for the regular pedal

Damn, I've got to organize my recepts. I bought a set last year and will have to try to figure out where I got them. Your talking about the balls on the ends and the 2 part nylon bushings (2 sets with seals) right?

what ya got, a 3 spd? Seemed they would use the same assy. for either, guess not? I got my bearings from brewers, but I got 4 spd, torrington style. If their bushings, any industrial supply or good hardware store should be able to hook you up.:read2:

Yes those!!!!I will have to call and talk to them. I called brewers and they didn't have any idea where to get them. They carry the small ones for the inside and the large ones for the heavy duty pedal set but not the standard sized ones.

Thanks for the help I about gave up finding them.

My last option is to take a piece of pvc pipe that has the same inside diamater and turn it down the the right outside size

As weird as this reads, International Truck (yup the same as you think)
Has these, call an IH dealer parts dept and ask for 'bellcrank plastic bushings'

slight trim... Money!!. $3.82 for the pair last I purchased. (dated now 2
yrs though.)

I bought a set of them off Brewers at Carlisle 2 years ago. So they should have them still???

I have gotten many clips,nylon bushings for 4 speed from the Mopar Performance cataloge,then ordered from our local Chrysler dealer.With sucess.:cheers:

I bought a set of them off Brewers at Carlisle 2 years ago. So they should have them still???

I called brewers, they have the small inside ones but i need the outside ones. They only carry the ones for the HD version of the pedals. They didn't have a clue where to buy them and actually asked me to let them know if i found them.

I have gotten many clips,nylon bushings for 4 speed from the Mopar Performance cataloge,then ordered from our local Chrysler dealer.With sucess.:cheers:

I will try to look in the catalog, but my local dealer told me the wouldn't even attempt to look up a part for a car that old :thebirdm:

I haven't had a chance to call r/t specalist yet but those look like the right ones its just hard to tell from the picture if they are the small ones or the large ones and they list no information on their site about them

Thanks for all the replies i will keep everyone posted

Looks like the same bushings I put in the pedal assemblies on my '78 and '85 Dodge trucks. Check the dealership for '72-'93 Dodge trucks. I know there is one dealership close to me that probably has them in stock.

Yes those!!!!I will have to call and talk to them. I called brewers and they didn't have any idea where to get them. They carry the small ones for the inside and the large ones for the heavy duty pedal set but not the standard sized ones.

Thanks for the help I about gave up finding them.

My last option is to take a piece of pvc pipe that has the same inside diamater and turn it down the the right outside size

PM me and send me the old ones if you have them. PVC is not a great
option but I have some engineering grade plastic rod in my R&D shop
at work I can make them from. It's high temp and graphite impregnated.

I don't know if you ever got the bushings but I just got the all the parts from Year One. They either the whole assembly or individual parts. Go to their online order site.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the dealership - yes, as of last year when I replaced mine you could still buy them from Chrysler - you are talking about the white nylon bushings that the clutch pedal pivots on right?

Give you local dealer a call!

are those the little ones that go on the inside of the metal tube that the clutch pedal slides into to or are they the large ones for the metal tube that slides into the entire pedal assembly?

Year One has them. I just ordered a pair today. Part# FD1770 $5.95 ea 8)

Those ones from year one are the small ones, the fit the inside of the metal tube perfectly but I still need the larger ones for the outside of the tube

Those seals are a bear to get over the ball. Slightly grease the ball and boil the seal in water. Much easier when their hot.

Those seals are a bear to get over the ball. Slightly grease the ball and boil the seal in water. Much easier when their hot.

mvrcorp, we are talking about different parts. You are talking about the Zbar/ball stud bushings. I am talking about the little plastic bushings that go into the pedal assembly itself

I did not, I ended up finding another pedal assembly that had decent outer bushings and used thoses

The ones I needed were the same in the automatic brake pedal, so I got lucky there because that's what I was able to find. The 4spd pedals can in a standard and heavy duty, the standard sized ones are what I needed and they are impossible to find new

I had a similar issue on another car (94 Viper). The bushings were totally shot, but I didn't like the idea of plastic so I went out and bought a bronze flange bushing at the hardware store. Sanded it down until it fit and the pedal was much better and I hope the longevity is better as well. Granted I just had my pedal box apart on my Dart the other day for a trans swap and the plastic looked pretty good on it for its age.

The ones I needed were the same in the automatic brake pedal, so I got lucky there because that's what I was able to find. The 4spd pedals can in a standard and heavy duty, the standard sized ones are what I needed and they are impossible to find new
Thanks, I have one of those, I`ll have to check mine out.

I had a similar issue on another car (94 Viper). The bushings were totally shot, but I didn't like the idea of plastic so I went out and bought a bronze flange bushing at the hardware store. Sanded it down until it fit and the pedal was much better and I hope the longevity is better as well. Granted I just had my pedal box apart on my Dart the other day for a trans swap and the plastic looked pretty good on it for its age.
That`s what I did for my HD assy. in my cuda. Guess I was looking for the easy way out. The assy. I`m working on now is a standard with really thin wall.

what ya got, a 3 spd? Seemed they would use the same assy. for either, guess not? I got my bearings from brewers, but I got 4 spd, torrington style. If their bushings, any industrial supply or good hardware store should be able to hook you up.:read2:
Guess I`ll be following my own advise:D OD-ID + flange = maybe

-
Back