Clutch pedal question

-

'70DartSwinger

Reaction score
My clutch pedal sits flush with my brake pedal, is this normal? if i pull the clutch out it comes out farther and is off set from the brake pedal.

001.jpg

That is how it stays.

002-1.jpg

That is how it is when i pull it out.

All of my 4 speed cars the clutch pedal is an inch higher than the brake pedal.

Mine also sits 1 inch higher.I,ve removed the overcenter spring,running a CenterForce dual friction clutch.

Mine used to set higher until I replaced the clutch. I have replaced the clutch twice and the petal is still low. I can't say why.

that depends on weather or not you have pwr breaks or not it sounds like you might want to check and see if your return spring is correctly attached from the clutch fork
to the bellhousing alot of times ive seen it connected back to the adjusting rod which defeats its purpose also if your runnig a performance clutch what i just did was change the spread pin bore from 5 1/4 to 6in early a body cars had 6in and they changed it to make it easier for the grannys to push the pedal scroll down through the 4 speed threads to clutch adjustment problem oldmanmopar put some pics to show differance plus mopar muscle thread to show everything you need to do to make this great upgrade i just did it and it works 100% heres the link this will fix the problem guarenteed http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/t...ent/index.html

-
Back