clutch safety starting switch

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
1972 stick duster. raising it from the dead. seems it came factory with the clutch safety switch, none at parts store, not paying $200 off feebay. can't I just use a starter relay from the 69 roadrunner ( parts store only offers the one for auto ) that is for the manual cars.??? just checking to make sure my thinking is correct!!

I jumped the one in my cuda because I don't like depressing the clutch to start engine. When I get in the car the First thing I check is that stick is in neutral and then crank it. Puts less of a strain on crank. Look at all the stupid things added on to cars, step on brake to put in gear and incompetent people are driving into buildings and running over people. So as a car guy you shouldn't need it. My dad's 58 Plymouth stick six didn't have one and never a problem.

can't I just use a starter relay from the 69 roadrunner............. that is for the manual cars.??? just checking to make sure my thinking is correct!!

Or just jumper the other terminal to ground.

Or just jumper the other terminal to ground.

I was thinking it was just like grounding that terminal to bypass a NSS, which is dangerous, but us old people that learned to drive with a stick, getting rid f the clutch safety switch is different deal...! I have to get a new SR anyway, (old one was last used in '92!) so I will get one for a stick. funny how O reiily does not show the maunal SR for a 72 duster but does for the 69 runner! ha

1972 stick duster. raising it from the dead. seems it came factory with the clutch safety switch, none at parts store, not paying $200 off feebay. can't I just use a starter relay from the 69 roadrunner ( parts store only offers the one for auto ) that is for the manual cars.??? just checking to make sure my thinking is correct!!

I have used a mechanical brake light switch for a motorcycle and mounted it under the dash with a spring to pull it.
When the bike brake light switch is pulled out it closes the circuit letting the car start, and the spring stretches so the pedal can travel as far as it needs to.
Personally I hate all NSS's on standards and auto's both.

10 bucks
Universal Rear Brake Light Switch Frame Mounted Emgo Motorcycle Enduro # 21-1222 | eBay

-
Back