Clutch time. Any advice?

-

1968FormulaS340

Reaction score
68 Formula S, 340, 4 speed. Car is or was capable of high 11s, but it’s track days are over or will be very limited. I just cut off my headers (along with some of my HP) and went with my original manifolds and a TTI, 2 1/5” x pipe system. I want a good, street/strip clutch and don’t mind a very stiff peddle.

BTW I have an old (but very good) custom built (clutch) drag race only and pressure plate if anyone is interested. This was the clutch used in the car in it’s former glory days at the track. It easily held 8,000 RPM launches, killed several 8 3/4 (one time snapping the pinion without ever tripping the lights), and is also the reason I am now running a dana 60 now. I will also be selling the 60 once I find parts to get my stock 8 3/4 together (only have the housing and 3.23 chunk.

Mcleod offer a B&B/long style pressure plate. these have easy pedal pressure, can add some C/W to fingers and do work very well.use a series 200 disc with it. I've used the B&B/long clutch for years. it beats a B&B by far.

I think I will just send my clutch back to Ram for a rebuild. Problem was that the car only saw 100 miles in six years and a bit of the clutch surface seperated when I started driving it.

I have a complete 8-3/4 in my 68 cuda now if you would be interested in a trade. What gears are in the Dana 60?

ta3834bbl said:
I have a complete 8-3/4 in my 68 cuda now if you would be interested in a trade. email me at [email protected] What gears are in the Dana 60?

Not really looking to trade, I have my original 3rd member and housing only. No backing plates or brake parts. I will go with stronger new axles. I want to use what I have but do need parts. The Dana 60 has 3.91s, a pinion snubber, and is complete from drum to drum with all new parts including Strange axles with long studs to fit Weld wheels. Lucky for me the studs clear the factory wire wheel covers I run now.

-
Back