Co-operation and Patience; a book on

-
Quite honestly I’d rather just hang on to it. What do you think about the numbers I listed earlier on?

I'm not gonna try and lo-ball a man that has 7 mouths to feed, especially if you say you have quarters for the FB, please say "complete except for the driveshaft" means quarters included.

I have the same quarter panels that came off of it. I have every piece of sheet metal. I’ve even purchased fenders in EXCELLENT condition for it.

I have the same quarter panels that came off of it. I have every piece of sheet metal. I’ve even purchased fenders in EXCELLENT condition for it.
THx Mike, Have you priced new AMD rear quarters delivered to your door, or to 68383 GTS in Preoria IL.?

This is rapidly becoming expensive for me, but hang in there, let's see how it plays out, I'm NOT ready to pull the plug just yet.
And I'm rather enjoying the challenge of making this work, and most especially the chit-chat.

The ones that came with the car are fine. I’ve not even looked at new ones because I didn’t plan to get any.

Ok.. I just care about getting paid and in a timely manner. If my opinion about the product I am trying to sell is irrelevant so be it. I just don’t want this “idea” going on forever. I’m selling them because I need the money, so I’d like it to happen sooner than later if it is going to happen.

AJ, im in Lac Du Bonnet. Not too far from wpg.

Well you guys have been typing machines all of a sudden , for starters drive train on the notch isn't too important if it came with a #s drive train it would just end up in the corner on a stand beside the #s 318 from my FB , I am a Wild and Crazy guy on this deal but much wilder than a 383 lol , like Victor or TrickFlow headed R3 or Ritter blocked monster , maybe procharged maybe not , tucked into a 68 modtop clone with quiet mufflers and electric dumps , OK I'm probably more Crazy than Wild but I do realize this is going to take a couple of years to fund and finish and I'm good with that . So to that end I'll probably be relocating springs and while a spool K member is a possibility so is a call to Hemi Denny begging for a good guy discount lol are you watching Denny ? I will be building a 904 so I could use a good core and I have a spare 8 3/4 housing already but on both ends I will probably be going with some beefy disc brakes of some brand or another beyond the usual ABody stuff . Then for the interior well I have an excellent upholstry guy here in Victoria so I would either ship the seats to him with the material and bolsters or drive them over . I am buying a place in Ontario but I will still be keeping my little apt here in Victoria as long as there is work here for me and my landlord and his wife are still alive then the daughters will probably sell all the properties and enjoy the millions in equity there parents worked so hard to build .

Has anybody bothered to figure out the cost of double transferring the titles because I'm pretty sure AJ will have to transfer both titles down there then of course obtain Canadian Titles in Manitoba so there will be taxes and transfers to figure out which will need to be cash on hand , it also takes 72 hrs fore the customs paperwork to clear at the border before you can show up to bring them back so he will need to work something out on staying down there for 3 days , I have a broker I use here and might have a blank copy of the NAFTA paperwork needed to avoid Duty and maybe 1 of the Canadian taxes at time of import , maybe someone should shoot Riddler a PM on this .Not trying to slow this down I just want everybody on the same page so there is no surprises or hurt feelings .

Has anybody bothered to figure out the cost of double transferring the titles because I'm pretty sure AJ will have to transfer both titles down there then of course obtain Canadian Titles in Manitoba so there will be taxes and transfers to figure out which will need to be cash on hand , it also takes 72 hrs fore the customs paperwork to clear at the border before you can show up to bring them back so he will need to work something out on staying down there for 3 days , I have a broker I use here and might have a blank copy of the NAFTA paperwork needed to avoid Duty and maybe 1 of the Canadian taxes at time of import , maybe someone should shoot Riddler a PM on this .Not trying to slow this down I just want everybody on the same page so there is no surprises or hurt feelings .
I am glad you mentioned this, it didn’t so much as even cross my mind. Though, I am not sure how much I would even have to do with that end of the transaction.

Well you would just provide signed titles and receipts for the purchases . I bet we probably have to treat them as 2 purchases at the DMV . The car going to 68 would stay in the country till it's ready and will be in AJ's name so arranging that one will be easy he just does the paperwork three days before he goes down to get it but the notch will have to be imported after purchase and that 72 hr deal will affect that , the titles have to be in the importers name when the clearance is requested from the border so AJ will have to swap them 72 hrs before trying to cross back and I bet he has to be down there to do that .

Mike can you lay out the quarters and take a series of pics for AJ ? the cost of replacing them would make a huge difference in the cost of doing this deal for him .

Where is he at? He seems to have disappeared. I will try and get to them soon, they are stored up in a shed.

FormS, How do you mean?

My wife is going to try and get some pictures of both sides of the quarter panels off the FB sometime today. If not then I will get them to you tonight when I get home. I do know that any rust/cancer on them previously was removed which wasn't much, and even that was kept to the lower 6 inches near the wheel well.

I would like to also extend the invitation to you to come on down and have a look for yourself. That way you know what your getting, there is no question of it, and you can report to other parties involved about the condition of the NB. That is an invitation open to all involved here, you're always welcome where the cars are and the coffee is hot.

Last edited:
I'mBaaaack. We had a 35th birthday party for my middle daughter, today!
Ok so I'm thinking.....
I think the only things missing are; the dash,the dash-pad,the bumperettes,the battery lol,the oem trans and convertor, the tires, and maybe the driveshaft.Oh yeah, I sold the oem throttle cable bracket, many years ago, well I still haven't been paid . I will edit here,if I think of anything else.

As to the dash,
I could supply a rebuildable core.
The trans was originally a 727TF, it's long gone. I have a core.As to the convertor, I think I can scare something up, but it may not be a 340 one.
Alternatively I could supply a 904, and TC and then I have a driveshaft.
The engine is tore down.I think it is the original, but I'd have to research it.It is a rebuildable standard bore core. It has the original log manifolds.
The rear end
is also tore down, and had a good running 3.23. I can supply a reconditioned cone-type SG. I have the original saggy rear springs.
The brakes are likely to be junk, but I can supply all the original type parts.
I can scare up some wheels, but they may not be date coded right. But they might be.....I think I got the car with the original painted steel wheels.
I could probably scare up cores for the starter, alternator and power steering box as well as a booster.I think I still have the oem carb,and just maybe the distributor.
I can recondition or rebuild or have rebuilt for you, any mechanical stuff.
So bottom line is I believe I can supply the parts to make a complete car, except for the missing parts in the bold blue. I'll think on it a bit more, and if anything changes . I'll add it here in this post with in an edit so you can catch it.
So let me review my thoughts.
Questions?

To be continued
I am a mechanic by trade and by habit, I LOVE rebuilding motors... If the motor comes to me complete then I can do the rebuilding. I just want to be sure that it comes complete with all of the original parts. As for a transmission, I would prefer a 727, as that's what it came from the factory with. And the rea rend, So long as its the 8 3/4 that it came with and all of the parts are there, I can rebuild that as well. I just want the car to come to me as complete as possible, right down to the smallest of parts... remember, I've got 7 mouths to feed. haha. I love keeping these cars as original as possible and the more parts I would get with it, the more successful I would be in doing that.

The nice thing is that we don't live to terribly far from each other and if something else was found after the cars switched garages by either of us then we could meet in international falls or something and give it to the other person, or shipping wouldn't be to terrible.

61D1957B-52EF-47E7-B409-F731E2AD0C76.jpeg
2609272B-AF8A-44BC-95C3-B3BE0416414E.jpeg
FE4F167F-B109-4830-ACC5-0B8C145BAB52.jpeg
EEDD4F96-CFC9-4539-B6C8-527BCDAE4FB0.jpeg
3727F4F7-5215-490E-BFEB-76E68888B91F.jpeg
67D2080C-A138-498A-BCF7-32979DC1586E.jpeg
A738AEB5-87A0-42A2-949B-9E929BA73CB0.jpeg
705A70CD-F0D9-412D-8AB5-A19B36474CB5.jpeg
4B5E576D-8DA7-4C63-8161-81A4A3124C33.jpeg
05D7C1A7-3CE1-4CF6-9CEA-F51EC6B2B84B.jpeg
89CED617-66B5-46F7-9F6A-3D8CAD875BFE.jpeg

I think is cool, best of luck to all parties.

thanks for the pics Mike .You had pmed me that the only sheet metal removed from the car was the passenger side inner fender because of some rust . I am starting to question my part here as there was no mention of rotten quarters and rockers and I don't see any of the sheet metal forward of the firewall , what does the passenger side look like ? and what about the doors ,fenders ,header panel , grills etc...? If the drivers side is indicative of the rest of the car than I clearly have a different concept of a clean shell than you .

I just spoke to AJ because I wanted him to hear it from me first , there is no way I am buying that Notchback , I don't weld , I don't do body and paint and I will never again take on a rusty project so I am out .

I just spoke to AJ because I wanted him to hear it from me first , there is no way I am buying that Notchback , I don't weld , I don't do body and paint and I will never again take on a rusty project so I am out .

cannucky,

I can understand and appreciate your concern. I am sorry that there wasn't more clarity to the car in question. I have ALL body panels for the car, they are just removed. The right side of the car is just as rusted as the left one shown. I thought I was clear on my description of the car, but if I wasn't I am sorry, it was never my intent to deceive anyone. I respect your decision to withdraw from this deal and as a result the deal as a while is dead. I will likely begin parting these two cars out if they don't sell so please let me know if there is anything you need or want. I will give you first pick as a token of my apology.

Mike

-
Back