Coil over conv. kit?

-

68383GTS

Reaction score
Has anyone used the Magnumforce coil over conversion kit on their A body?What reinforement to the shock towers is needed to use this kit..Anyone have any pics?

Jim

Attachments

• coils..jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 470
There have been some discussions before on replacing the torsion bars with coil overs. Seemed like the consensus was that the sheet metal structure wasn't designed for the loads that would be applied to the upper shock mount. Especially if that structure was modified or damaged in any way. If the car has a cage in it, with front bars thru the fire wall to the frame just behind the core support, and has the upper shock tower bracket welded to the bar I feel it has the required rigidity for a coil front kit. I'm working on air bagging my friend's Demon in this way. Tube A arms are probably a must for either.

I've thought about for my drag car since the cage is tied to the shock towers. How much is the kit???

is there any aftermarket shock mounts? the peice that connects from the frame to the top of the shock not sure what you would call that shock tower maybe.

i was thinking about going with coil over on my scamp and thought that istead of all the reinforcing with the cage tubes and stuff that i would make a mount directly welded to the frame instead. i think that would eliminate all the problems no? any thoughts on a setup as such?

the tube goin off the right side attaches to firewall

Attachments

• shock.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 503
im looking into front coilovers for my 71 dart drag car,it has a bar in the front from the cage,and is tied into the shock tower,what about the lower control arm after you take out the torsion bar

Has anyone used the Magnumforce coil over conversion kit on their A body?What reinforement to the shock towers is needed to use this kit..Anyone have any pics?

Jim

pretty sure magnumforce sells what you need..

image.aspx

The MagnunForce is a under the hood kit.I was looking for a kit that mounts on the back side of the inner fenders.

Jim

im looking into front coilovers for my 71 dart drag car,it has a bar in the front from the cage,and is tied into the shock tower,what about the lower control arm after you take out the torsion bar

I was thinking the same thing, can't seem to find an answer.

-
Back